Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3: TooManyCallsException in dialog

Level 4

We have a scenario in which we have added a custom tab in page properties and using a custom multifield We need to author around 250 items, but getting "Toomanycalls exception" if number of items are more than 100. I have increased the the value of sling.max.calls to 2000 and after that I can add 250 values without any errors. Is this an ideal solution? What is the maximum value suggested for "sling.max.calls"?

I have gone through the following post in forum, but my case seems different. I am getting this issue during component dialog authoring with number of items higher than 100 only.

AEM 6.2 Too many calls Sling Exception.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Increasing sling.max.calls is not a problem, but you need to think about page performance if you author more than a certain number of items let us assume 1000 items in the multifield then it will directly impact on the page performance, sometimes it may take minutes  (20 to 30mins)  I feel it is not a good practice  when we think from authoring point of view, if there is a chance it is better to redesign the page properties?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi @anushap40132887There are 2 parameters:

1) maxCallCounter (configured by sling.max.calls) causes the TooManyCallsException - this does not indicate a recursion problem, just an unusual amount of (internal) Sling requests for the current HTTP request.

2) maxInclusionCounter (configured by sling.max.inclusions) which does a similar check on nested, recursive internal Sling requests

So increasing sling.max.calls is really not a problem as long as sling.max.inclusions is kept reasonably low.

You can increase max.calls to higher value , a value until 10000 should be fine. You can test in lower environment

You might want to ensure the heap has enough space to accommodate the returned values.

Level 10

SO you need to add around 250 multifield items to a page. That does seem like a lot of data to add to a page. I am checking with our support team to see if there is a known issue with that much data.

Correct answer by
Level 8

Increasing sling.max.calls is not a problem, but you need to think about page performance if you author more than a certain number of items let us assume 1000 items in the multifield then it will directly impact on the page performance, sometimes it may take minutes  (20 to 30mins)  I feel it is not a good practice  when we think from authoring point of view, if there is a chance it is better to redesign the page properties?

Level 10

raja is correct - adding that number of data points to a page will impact performance.