Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

AEM 6.3 | Multiple RTE Issue in same dialog

Level 2

Hi,

I have created a dialog having three RTEs. When i apply any styling like bold or italic on one RTE , focus goes on other RTE. Please help me out .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nidhi

6 Replies

Level 10

This should not happen. When you have a RTE and place a style on it - such as bold then the proper behavior is to bold the text. This appears to be a bug. Please file a support ticket so this can be fixed.

Level 10

By the way - i am not able to reproduce your issue. I have 2 RTE in my dialog and I can apply a style to text in the 1st one. See --

MF2.png

See this article - notice the 2nd package has a Multifield with a RTE. You can have many RTE in the dialog. This is letting me apply styles to each one.

Creating an AEM HTML Template Language 6.3 component that uses a Multifield

Level 1

Hi,

we had the same issue and found a workaround for it. In case you're having the issue, you can solve it by overlaying the RichText JS. Just do following:

1. Overlay JS "/libs/clientlibs/granite/richtext/js/rte/CUI.RichText.js"

2. Replace its line 331:

to:          "$(this).closest("div[class*='rte-']").siblings("div.coral-RichText-editable").focus();"

In our case that was making the trick.

Level 1

Hey there,
just to keep this post up to date. This issue is solved with Service-Pack 2.

Best Regards.