Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Multifield not able to support boolean type resource

Level 3

There seems to be an issue with the multifield from both '/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/multifield' and also from '/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield' in handling boolean types.

If I use a 'switch' or a 'checkbox' inside the multifield then the value it takes is always true. I tried with different variations but it doesn't work at all.

Attached images of implementation.

Added the multifield.

1446790_pastedImage_1.png

Added the boolean type switch

1446869_pastedImage_2.png

This is the dialog.

1446870_pastedImage_3.png

Adding values to the dialog. 1st is true, 2nd false and 3rd is true.

1446871_pastedImage_4.png

It stores everything as true :/

1446872_pastedImage_5.png

Any idea what could be causing this ?

smacdonald2008kautuksahni​ or anyone who have already faced it or know the fix ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I got to see the component dialog structure from other thread - Custom Multifield is not working In AEM 6.3 and noticed two things

• property named "eaem-multifield" is added to fieldset node.  (could you please let me know the significance of this. is there any JS associated to it)
  • only multifield resource is of CoralUI3 based (granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield), rest all are CoralUI2 based.

For Coral UI2 multifield, we need "acs-commons-nested" property on fieldset.

For Coral UI3 multifield, we don't need anything of that sort, it simply works as is.

Screenshots I produced in my previous reply is from two separate components, one with CoralUI2 resources completely(all of the fields included as part of multifield) and other with CoralUI3 completely

Given that I am unable to reproduce your issue and could see above differences alone, am sharing package for your reference. I suggest you to try the same and see if that helps.

https://github.com/viji13/aemlearnings/tree/master/Multifield

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you try to add a property named "value" to the switch or checkbox resource with some custom value (say, value=checktick) so that when we tick the checkbox or turn on the switch, the value mentioned here will be set.(rather than true)

Screenshot for reference:

Coral UI 2 Resource:

coralui2-switch.png

when we turn on the switch, value(=switch, mentioned above) is set. if not, empty string.

coralui2-save.png

Coral UI 3 Resource:

coralui3.png

when switch is turned on : first multifield item ("value" that we mentioned is saved)

coralui3-save1.png

When switch is not turned on : (second multifield item)

coralui3-save2.png

Level 3

Hi Vijis31358935,

I tried setting a custom value but still no luck it sets the custom value to all of them regardless of turned on or off.

1447065_pastedImage_1.png

Also with the coral/foundation I tried

1447085_pastedImage_0.png

1447066_pastedImage_2.png

Level 10

Short answer - when reading checkboxes via slng models - the data type is a String:

@Inject @Optional

public String show;

When its not checked - its a null.

//If checkbox is unchecked

if (show == null)

heroTextBean.setShow("off");

else

heroTextBean.setShow(show);

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I got to see the component dialog structure from other thread - Custom Multifield is not working In AEM 6.3 and noticed two things

• property named "eaem-multifield" is added to fieldset node.  (could you please let me know the significance of this. is there any JS associated to it)
  • only multifield resource is of CoralUI3 based (granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield), rest all are CoralUI2 based.

For Coral UI2 multifield, we need "acs-commons-nested" property on fieldset.

For Coral UI3 multifield, we don't need anything of that sort, it simply works as is.

Screenshots I produced in my previous reply is from two separate components, one with CoralUI2 resources completely(all of the fields included as part of multifield) and other with CoralUI3 completely

Given that I am unable to reproduce your issue and could see above differences alone, am sharing package for your reference. I suggest you to try the same and see if that helps.

https://github.com/viji13/aemlearnings/tree/master/Multifield

Level 3

Hi smacdonald2008​, here its mainly the problem with the way dialog stores the data into the JCR. Reading the values from JCR is not a problem for me.

Level 3

Thanks vijis31358935, indeed the issue was because of the property eaem-multifield. I changed it with acs-commons-nested and it works fine for me

Cheers Mate !!!