Highlighted

AEM 6.3 - Live-copy page deleted accidentally - how to get back?

karanmahi

05-05-2019

In AEM 6.3, I had a live-copy page which was in sync with the blueprint. Somehow I accidentally deleted that live-copy page. How can I get the same live copy page back?

Replies

Highlighted

Ravi_Pampana

MVP

05-05-2019

Hi,

Try going to Tools --> Restore --> Restore Version

I deleted live copy page from we.retail and able to retrieve it

Tried for : /content/we-retail/ca/en/experience

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 8.53.10 PM.png

Hope this helps !

Highlighted

karanmahi

06-05-2019

Hi Ravi - I was aware of this option, but I am more curious to know if there is any other way like the roll out the same page again OR synchronize OR create live copy again. Something similar to this. I don't want to fetch the page from the re-Store option.

Consider the scenario - Let's say, I had a live copy page, I detached the relationship and then deleted the page. Now, if I restore the page as mentioned by you, I would get the page back, but I won't get the live relationship between the blueprint and live copy page because I detached the page before deleting. Basically, I want the page which is in live-relationship sync with Blueprint.

Highlighted

Vish_dhaliwal

Employee

06-05-2019

Hello Karan,

Detach option permanently removes the live relationship between a live copy and its source/blueprint page. All MSM-relevant properties are removed from the live copy and the live copy pages become a standalone copy.  Rather, you should use the "suspend" option.

Regards,

Vishu

Highlighted

karanmahi

06-05-2019

Actually, my question is, if I deleted that page accidentally or detached the page accidentally, then how to get that live copy page?

I know detach option permanently removes the live relationship between a live copy and its source/blueprint page, and therefore I deleted the page. So, now how to get that live copy page back?

Highlighted

Vish_dhaliwal

Employee

07-05-2019

If you deleted the page then you can use the Restore option but you will not get back the live copy back since you chose to detach.