Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.3 - Live-copy page deleted accidentally - how to get back?

Level 4

In AEM 6.3, I had a live-copy page which was in sync with the blueprint. Somehow I accidentally deleted that live-copy page. How can I get the same live copy page back?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Try going to Tools --> Restore --> Restore Version

I deleted live copy page from we.retail and able to retrieve it

Tried for : /content/we-retail/ca/en/experience

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 8.53.10 PM.png

Hope this helps !

Level 4

Hi Ravi - I was aware of this option, but I am more curious to know if there is any other way like the roll out the same page again OR synchronize OR create live copy again. Something similar to this. I don't want to fetch the page from the re-Store option.

Consider the scenario - Let's say, I had a live copy page, I detached the relationship and then deleted the page. Now, if I restore the page as mentioned by you, I would get the page back, but I won't get the live relationship between the blueprint and live copy page because I detached the page before deleting. Basically, I want the page which is in live-relationship sync with Blueprint.

Employee Advisor

Hello Karan,

Detach option permanently removes the live relationship between a live copy and its source/blueprint page. All MSM-relevant properties are removed from the live copy and the live copy pages become a standalone copy.  Rather, you should use the "suspend" option.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 4

Actually, my question is, if I deleted that page accidentally or detached the page accidentally, then how to get that live copy page?

I know detach option permanently removes the live relationship between a live copy and its source/blueprint page, and therefore I deleted the page. So, now how to get that live copy page back?

Employee Advisor

If you deleted the page then you can use the Restore option but you will not get back the live copy back since you chose to detach.

Level 10

Just install the package where you backed up your data