I've just activated the Adobe Html Library Manager minify in /system/console/configMgr, so now every ClientLibrary is called .min.css or .min.js.
Here's my problem: the ClientLibraries are not updated until I edit the file, even with only one space, and in this way the ClientLibrary is builded again. Looking into other discussions, everyone suggests using /libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.rebuild.html, but using this tool, either invalidating and rebuilding all ClientLibraries, there are no changes in them.
Unfortunately, I have a lot of ClientLibraries, so I can not take one for one and modify them to be re-created.
Do you have any solution? Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
I tried also to change the CSS Minify processor (from "yui" to "yux" and then again correctly to "yui"), but nothing. I tried also to restart the machine, but nothing. Everything I try, the only case in which the ClientLibrary updates itself is when I modify a file in it.
I tried deleting my clientlibs(myApp) from /var/clientlibs/etc/myApp folder in AEM 6.3 and reloaded the page which referred clientLibs. Once page is loaded /var/clientlibs/etc/myApp folder is created again with minified clientlibs.
Which AEM version are you using?
I tried in AEM 6.3
Please check below if this helps:
In crx/de click on /var/clientlibs, and then "Access control" tab where it show the "properties", and then
Check first one if doesn't help try 2nd one
Meanwhile, thank you for the time you are dedicating to me.
Anyway, I checked: the first ACL was already there; the second no, so I inserted it and re-executed the "rebuild" and "invalidate" operations, but it did not change anything.
I do not know what to do, because I would like to activate the minify in production, but if I have no way to rebuild the clientlibs I can not proceed.
Hi Arun, and everyone,
maybe I found a solution. When I was about to lose every hope, I tried to review the configuration of "Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager" on /system/console/configMgr looking for something that could be useful to our cause.
So I saw the option "Long term client side cache key" (Description: "The path pattern list for long-caching in the format" regexp; key ". If key equals to 'auto' it is automatically generated when this service restarts use 'none' to disable it.) and I tried to set "(. *); auto". And incredibly, the ClientLibrary has updated!!!!
But it is absurd that the "rebuild" and "invalidate" operations of the tool offered by AEM just for this cause, do not work, and no other operation works, except this configuration.
Bye bye (and thank you again Arun ) and have a good day and weekend!