Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.3 - How to read policy value from editable template initially

Level 4

I have a editable template where a component has a design dialog where the template author will enter the values.

1561460_pastedImage_0.png

1561478_pastedImage_7.png

and in the design dialog i have a node of select type where the data is bound by using datasource through a servlet where I need to fetch the data from the policy.

1561466_pastedImage_1.png

and the code for the servlet is as follows. If i dont give policyPath and just get the resource from request.getResource() i am getting contentpolicy as null.

1561468_pastedImage_2.png

initially when there are no policies a dynamic policy is being created when we get the resource and a nullpointer is being thrown.

1561472_pastedImage_4.png

So how to handle this initially that no null pointer is thrown and can say there are no policies.

Thanks,

Kalyani

2 Replies

Level 10

If you want to read data from a policy - then like any other AEM nodes - make sure you referencing the correct path if you want to read the node's properties.

For your code - where did you get it - are you referencing an Adobe doc? 

Level 4

I have used Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Granite DataSource objects to populate AEM Touch UI objects  for binding the data to the dropdown.

For reading policies i have read in some forums that by using ContentPolicyManager to get the policy.