Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

AEM 6.3 - How to read policy value from editable template initially

Level 4

I have a editable template where a component has a design dialog where the template author will enter the values.

1561460_pastedImage_0.png

1561478_pastedImage_7.png

and in the design dialog i have a node of select type where the data is bound by using datasource through a servlet where I need to fetch the data from the policy.

1561466_pastedImage_1.png

and the code for the servlet is as follows. If i dont give policyPath and just get the resource from request.getResource() i am getting contentpolicy as null.

1561468_pastedImage_2.png

initially when there are no policies a dynamic policy is being created when we get the resource and a nullpointer is being thrown.

1561472_pastedImage_4.png

So how to handle this initially that no null pointer is thrown and can say there are no policies.

Thanks,

Kalyani

2 Replies

Level 10

If you want to read data from a policy - then like any other AEM nodes - make sure you referencing the correct path if you want to read the node's properties.

For your code - where did you get it - are you referencing an Adobe doc? 

Level 4

I have used Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Granite DataSource objects to populate AEM Touch UI objects  for binding the data to the dropdown.

For reading policies i have read in some forums that by using ContentPolicyManager to get the policy.