Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.3: Author -> dispatcher flush also executes replication event to publishers

Level 5

Let me first describe our 2 agents on our author environment:

- Dispatcher flush agent (we have a dispatcher in front of our author environment to add an extra layer of caching for the content authors)

- Default agent (used for publishing to the publish environment)

NOTE: obviously 2 different entities.

The dispatcher flush agent is new in our setup and gets trigger on modification. After adding the agent our content author complained that their changes were automatically published for some reason. After some investigation/debugging of the com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl it seems that there is also a replication event fired by the RolloutManager with the following ReplicationOptions (note: no AgentIdFilter or ReplicateOnModification filter)

ReplicationOptions{synchronous=false, revision='null', suppressStatusUpdate=false, suppressVersions=false, filter=null, aggregateHandler=null}

No filter results in all enabled agents to be triggered so the path will get replicated to the publishers, NOT wat we want...

1669544_pastedImage_0.png

It seems to me the the combination of a dispatcher flush agent and default agent is not working properly. Anyone experiencing the same problems?

21 Replies

Level 5

But isn't '- /etc/msm/rolloutconfigs/activate' rollout config for the LiveCopy a preferred setting, it makes sense in my opinion.