Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.2 Versioning: Visual Diff feature between two versions is not working

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I tried Visual diff feature in an OOTB instance for geometrixx demo pages and it's working fine but its not working for my website components that are built using sightly instead of JSP.

I am looking for a solution as what needs to be set on the website sightly component in order for it to display difference between versions in both Classic UI and Touch UI

Along with this I would like to know whether AEM 6.2 supports Visual version Diff feature for sightly built components or not. If it doesn't support then does AEM 6.3 includes this fix and resolve the problem?

Thanks !!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Do you have HTL (formerly known as sightly) image component? There is one known issue with it.

Please reach-out to support for the help here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Administrator

Are you talking about Version Comparison Tool ?

If  so, i would request you to please create a issue at GitHub - Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Former Community Member

I tried Visual diff feature "Diff" as shown in below screenshot. Its not working for Sightly components.

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 11.15.05 AM.png

Correct answer by
Administrator

Do you have HTL (formerly known as sightly) image component? There is one known issue with it.

Please reach-out to support for the help here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi folks,

We are also looking at this functionality since we started using AEM 6.1; it just didn't work!!! Now we are trying to use it in AEM 6.3 and it has lots of issues and the functionality is not stable. You can access the version compare ( compare an old version with the current page copy) functionality from touch UI console: select a page, expand the timeline from left rail and select a version, then it will allow you to compare that version with the latest editing copy.  This feature is important and very useful for page review and approval process. This is what we found:

• Functionality is not stable, sometime it highlights the diff when sometime it doesn't highlight at all for the whole page.
  • Most of time, it highlights the difference for some part of the component but not  for some text, e.g. paragraph title
  • It seems take a long long time to load the previous version copy

We are not sure it is a configuration problem or there are some specific requirement on creating a custom component for this to work ( we use sightly for all our components). I also wonder how many customers are using this feature and having the problem; I know for AEM 6.1, we talked with Adobe PS, they even said there were some issues with it.

Any suggestions on this?

Level 10

Looks like there is a bug with this compare feature. I would recommend opening a ticket. I have not heard of community members getting this working. Purhaps the support team can shed more light on this.

Level 2

Thanks for your quick response; appreciate it!

This feature hasn't worked since earlier version; I have to ask: why the functionality is made available to users when there are issues and not working?  can you tell: is AEM still developed/maintained by day software developers?

Thanks.

Level 10

Yes it is, each release, they work on features and improvements. I recommend opening a bug for this. This will help let them know customers are trying to use it and its not working.

Level 2

Yes, we have opened a ticket on it (BTW, we also have some issues with launch feature).  Thanks again for your replies. 

Level 1
I also getting similar kind of Issue when we click on "Preview" or "Compare to Current" under Timeline Page version in AEM 6.5 .

Level 1
I also getting similar kind of Issue when we click on "Preview" or "Compare to Current" under Timeline Page version in AEM 6.5 . For Example error like here mentioned(error:Resource at '/tmp/versionhistory/bac3f9d30e8121c67ec5eaf646b3cb1867ab50735736f11a7cd1711aa6eae7ab/8aaad463-da24-4a84-a423-81ff691d02f9/web_site/us/en/user.html' not found: No resource found)