Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.2 Migration Query

Level 1

Hi,

We are about to migrate AEM 5.6.1 to AEM 6.2 (which will be in a different server) with CRX3. Few of my colleagues who were new to AEM world has attended AEM training and trainer mentioned that we need to migrate to 5.6.1 to 6.0 first and then to 6.2. Do we really need to follow this approach? I don't find any Adobe article justifying this though. Can someone please clarify.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Safeer K wrote...

Hi,

We are about to migrate AEM 5.6.1 to AEM 6.2 (which will be in a different server) with CRX3. Few of my colleagues who were new to AEM world has attended AEM training and trainer mentioned that we need to migrate to 5.6.1 to 6.0 first and then to 6.2. Do we really need to follow this approach? I don't find any Adobe article justifying this though. Can someone please clarify.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

the above is true when upgrading from older than 5.4, please see the following statement from the 6.2 upgrade docs[0]

"Upgraded Instance: If you are upgrading from a version older than 5.4, make sure you have performed an in-place upgrade to AEM 6.0 by following the procedure described above. For more information, see the 6.0 version of the Upgrade documentation."

Regards,

Opkar

[0]https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/upgrade.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

He might have said so because there are major architectural changes done in AEM 6 series as compare to AEM 5.6. However, nothing wrong migrating directly to AEM 6.2.

Safeer K wrote...

Hi,

Thanks in Advance.

Correct answer by
Employee

Safeer K wrote...

Hi,

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

the above is true when upgrading from older than 5.4, please see the following statement from the 6.2 upgrade docs[0]

"Upgraded Instance: If you are upgrading from a version older than 5.4, make sure you have performed an in-place upgrade to AEM 6.0 by following the procedure described above. For more information, see the 6.0 version of the Upgrade documentation."

Regards,

Opkar

[0]https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/upgrade.html

Level 3

I remember hearing about this last year, but wasn't sure what the cutoff was.

Thank you for providing this!