Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Touch UI | Populating Drop Down | Fetching resourceType of the actual component in datasource

Level 3

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how we can read the calling component ResourceType in the datasource.jsp.

Requirement is to populate the dropdown in Touch UI mode . For which I created a datasource and invoking my custom osgi service. Till this it works and service is getting invoked. But when I do "resource.getResourceType()" as highlighted below. It returns me "/apps/mywebsite/components/datasource" path. But I want the resourceType for the calling component which is "/apps/mywebsite2/components/herotext2".

Please let me know how we I can read the resourceType for herotext2 in datasource.jsp.

//INVOKE A BACKEND OSGI Service com.sapient.platform.iea.aem.core.accessors.api.HelloService mySource  = sling.getService(com.sapient.platform.iea.aem.core.accessors.api.HelloService.class) ; // String osgiValue = mySource.getData1(); Map<String, String> optionMap = new HashMap<String, String>(); optionMap = mySource.getData(resource.getResourceType()); String Text=""; for (Map.Entry<String, String> entry : optionMap.entrySet()) { String value= entry.getKey(); String text= entry.getValue(); vm = new ValueMapDecorator(new HashMap<String, Object>()); vm.put("value",value); vm.put("text",text); fakeResourceList.add(new ValueMapResource(resolver, new ResourceMetadata(), "nt:unstructured", vm)); }
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

""But when I do "resource.getResourceType()

I do not think this is necessary at all. You can invoke a OSGi service and populate a DataSource object without using getReourceType. Then the TouchUI dropdown will be populated with data. 

For example - assume you want to read a specific resource in the JCR (a node somewhere) and create a map using its node props (rest of this answer addresses this use case)  

If you want to populate a Map with JCR data - write a method in the OSGi bundle that performs these tasks:

1-  gets node data (from a specific node in the JCR)

2 - populates a map using the data

3 - returns the map.

For example - OSGi service that returns a map:

public HashMap getMapData(String url)
  {
    try
    {
      this.resourcePath = url;
      ResourceResolver resourceResolver = this.resolverFactory
        .getAdministrativeResourceResolver(null);
      Resource res = resourceResolver.getResource(this.resourcePath);
      ValueMap readMap = res.getValueMap();
      HashMap<String, String> myMap= new HashMap();

//populate the map

return myMap

In your JSP - you can call this method

optionMap = mySource.getMapData(pathFieldValue);

If you need a JCR Path to point to the node - then use a PathField in the dialog of the component. Get the value of the pathfield in the JSP and pass that to getMapData (apthFieldValue argument).

For example:

Then the Java code can read that and populate the map with the JCR node prop name and values. (shown above).

THen the drop-down in the TOuch UI will then display node props names and prop values. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

According to your code snapshot,

'resource' contains the current resource which is datasource and thats the expected behavior !

check the below thread which may be of a help

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

Level 3

Thanks for the quick response but I need a little more guidance on it.

Is their any way by which I can get the resourceType ("/apps/mywebsite2/components/herotext2)  of the actual component(herotext2)  which is using this datasource as given in this example https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-granite-datasource.html. Based on the component I need to perform some manipulation in my service before returning the data.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shikha

Correct answer by
Level 10

""But when I do "resource.getResourceType()

I do not think this is necessary at all. You can invoke a OSGi service and populate a DataSource object without using getReourceType. Then the TouchUI dropdown will be populated with data. 

For example - assume you want to read a specific resource in the JCR (a node somewhere) and create a map using its node props (rest of this answer addresses this use case)  

If you want to populate a Map with JCR data - write a method in the OSGi bundle that performs these tasks:

1-  gets node data (from a specific node in the JCR)

2 - populates a map using the data

3 - returns the map.

For example - OSGi service that returns a map:

public HashMap getMapData(String url)
  {
    try
    {
      this.resourcePath = url;
      ResourceResolver resourceResolver = this.resolverFactory
        .getAdministrativeResourceResolver(null);
      Resource res = resourceResolver.getResource(this.resourcePath);
      ValueMap readMap = res.getValueMap();
      HashMap<String, String> myMap= new HashMap();

//populate the map

return myMap

In your JSP - you can call this method

optionMap = mySource.getMapData(pathFieldValue);

If you need a JCR Path to point to the node - then use a PathField in the dialog of the component. Get the value of the pathfield in the JSP and pass that to getMapData (apthFieldValue argument).

For example:

Then the Java code can read that and populate the map with the JCR node prop name and values. (shown above).

THen the drop-down in the TOuch UI will then display node props names and prop values. 

Level 3

Thanks for the response. I will try the solution.

Level 10

If you want to see an example of a pathfield in a dialog and then OSGi reading that - converting to a resource and populating a Java object -- see this article - there is a lot of good AEM code techniques here: 

Developing a custom Adobe Experience Manager Quiz Component

Level 10

I agree with @scott, you dont need to do resource.getResourceType for herotext2. Example which he mentioned should help