Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Touch UI: Is image editing like crop and rotate only available via inplace editing?

Level 2

I want to crop or rotate an image of my component. I only find examples where this happens via inplace editing. But I have components with more than one image, where only one image is rendered on the page, the other one is only shown, if I click on the first image (in a lightbox). How can I crop and rotate the second image?

The same thing with richtext. Is it only possible to edit and format texts via inplace editing? I did not find a Granite UI component to use instead of classic UI richtext in a dialog.

Thanks,
Anne

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Anne,

any new functionality is only going to be developed in Touch UI (which has been the case since 6.0). The issue as you have found out is that there is not yet feature parity. I'd get in touch with daycare to understand if and when your required features will be available in touch ui. In this way you can make the best evaluation.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

The Touch UI components are still not to the same level of functionality as Classic. I am double checking if Touch UI supports this functionality. 

Level 2

Ok, thanks, I'll wait for your answer.

Generally: At the moment I'm trying to find out, what we have to do, for making a many years running application (started with CQ 5.4, upgraded to 5.6.1, ) ready for Touch UI, because our customer says "With the upgrade to 6.1 we want to use Touch UI". I'm still not sure, if it's possible at the moment to have all the functionality in Touch UI. Would you recommend to wait for the next release of AEM? Or even longer?

Level 10

Here is the reply from our Touch UI experts:

1. Regarding image tools, yeah I think so… the tools are available only in inplaceediting.. so if image is not visible the tools are not available, an extension to image editor might be required…
  2. Richtext for dialogs /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext ( not inplace editing ).. a sample is here - http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2015/08/aem-61-support-required-property-on-richtext-editor-rte-o...

Level 10

Hi Anne,

As we know Touch UI is stable but in a evolving phase compared to that of classic UI. So when we upgrade our AEM instances we need to make our business aware of that not all features would be available in Touch UI however can use majority of the commonly used features. Also, all the features might not be available in next release aswell so it doesnt make sense to wait for that aswell. 

So advised is to upgrade and use the features accordingly.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Anne,

any new functionality is only going to be developed in Touch UI (which has been the case since 6.0). The issue as you have found out is that there is not yet feature parity. I'd get in touch with daycare to understand if and when your required features will be available in touch ui. In this way you can make the best evaluation.

Regards,

Opkar