Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 release version: Potential bug in the Commerce Product UI: fileReference containing space uses %20 and does not resolve

Level 2

On uploading an asset to a product in the Commerce>Products UI, I selected an existing geometrixx-outdoors example asset that had a space in the name (/content/dam/geometrixx-outdoors/products/hat/Montreal%20Blue.jpg)

After uploading the asset, it does not resolve in the UI, but if I change the fileReference to /content/dam/geometrixx-outdoors/products/hat/Montreal Blue.jpg then it does resolve.

I am trying to get the asset node through the API, but finding the node with the original name (/content/dam/geometrixx-outdoors/products/hat/Montreal%20Blue.jpg) is unsuccessful so I have to replace %20 with a space and then it's ok.

Looking at the asset filereference on geometrixx products, it appears with a space rather than a %20 in the name, and resolves correctly on the product website. See the fileReference property on  /etc/commerce/products/geometrixx-outdoors/sn/snwn/snwnms/snwnms.3/image

Can you tell me why there is a %20 value in the asset name and if there are cases where we should retain the %20 value over the space. For example, as far as I can tell the fileReference should not contain the %20 value in any circumstances, but should there be other scenarios where it needs to be kept?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sounds like a bug. Please file an official support request to track this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Actually, For JCR API, "Montreal%20Blue.jpg" & MontrealBlue.jpg are different path.

Jitendra

Level 2

I have done some more testing around this issue.

Uploading an asset with the name 'BBEP Space_alt2.jpg' (ie: it has a space in the name between BBEP and Space) creates this path in CRX:  /content/dam/agility/bags/BBEP Space_alt2.jpg

When I select this asset in the Commerce>Products UI the fileReference changes to  /content/dam/agility/bags/BBEP%20Space_alt2.jpg, that is the space is substituted by %20 and the image does not resolve in the UI. If you have an API that is picking up the fileReference, it will not find the reference in content/dam, because yes it is a different path, but it is supposed to be the same asset.

I have managed to resolve this issue for my own API but I am raising this as a potential bug for Adobe's information. If you can tell me why the fileReference property has %20 for spaces please do, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious reason.

Level 9

Hi,

why the fileReference property has %20 for spaces?

Well, it is very similar to what any browser does when you hit any URL with spaces. The browser just encodes it. I guess, The same thing is happening here.

For more information, here is a good post. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/497908/is-a-url-allowed-to-contain-a-space

Jitendra

Level 2

OK, so the browser is encoding the space.

However when it does this, it creates 2 issues:

1) The image does not resolve on the product page in AEM

2) Any API trying to find the image path from the fileReference will not find it when there is a %20 in the name.

So I don't think that the fileReference should have the %20 value in the name.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sounds like a bug. Please file an official support request to track this.