Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 - Configuring OSGi Bundles - Version Manager

Level 1

I'm new for this AEM. I have gone through AEM 6.1 basic training. I have the following basic doubt regarding version manager. 

Is it possible to delete all versions that i have created previously and i would like to start version number 1 on-wards. 

PFA image. In that image i have created 3 versions and the version numbers 1.30.24, 1.30.25, 1.30.26. I would like to delete all those versions and I would like to start from version number 1 on-wards. If possible kindly provide solution for this. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi ansar shaik

There is a concept of "version purging" in AEM. Please have a look at mentioned link https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/deploying/version_purging.html .

It allows you to intervene to remove old versions of a node, or a hierarchy of nodes, according to these parameters:

• The maximum number of versions to be kept in the repository.
    When this number is exceeded, the oldest version is removed.
  • The maximum age of any version kept in the repository.
    When the age of a version exceeds this value, it is purged from the repository.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi ansar shaik

There is a concept of "version purging" in AEM. Please have a look at mentioned link https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/deploying/version_purging.html .

It allows you to intervene to remove old versions of a node, or a hierarchy of nodes, according to these parameters:

• The maximum number of versions to be kept in the repository.
    When this number is exceeded, the oldest version is removed.
  • The maximum age of any version kept in the repository.
    When the age of a version exceeds this value, it is purged from the repository.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni