Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM 6.0 with tomcat server

Level 3

Hi, 

I have few questions on deploying AEM 6.0 with tomcat.

1. How do i pass "nosamplecontent" parameter to deploy AEM without any test content? Do i need to pass as part of JVM parameters?

2. Where can i specify the storage type (TarmMK or MongoDB), when AEM is deployed? By default it will be TarMK. If i want to change to MongoDB, do i need to add author,crx3mongo in sling.run.modes in web.xml?

3. I see many errors rolling after installing the Hot fix 5869 on top SP2. Does anyone see errors in error.log?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

to 1: You need to adapt the start script of tomcat before you actually deploy the WAR into tomcat.

to 2: It's a runmode as well, so you should adapt your start script.

to 3: please raise a Daycare ticket and provide the complete logs.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

to 1: You need to adapt the start script of tomcat before you actually deploy the WAR into tomcat.

to 3: please raise a Daycare ticket and provide the complete logs.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 3

can you please explain more on 1 and 2

o 1: You need to adapt the start script of tomcat before you actually deploy the WAR into tomcat.

What do you mean by adapt here? Where and How should i specify these values?

Level 2

For Both 1 and 2 you need to set the  environment variables for the run modes. Pass crx3mongo runmode for Mongo.

Option1: Global Environment variables

Set CATALINA_OPTS = "-Dsling.run.modes=author,stage"  in the os environment variables.

Option 2: tomcat level

In the TOMCAT/bin/setenv.bat add CATALINA_OPTS = "-Dsling.run.modes=author,stage"