Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.0 Blog Community Component

Level 1

We are preparing to upgrade to AEM 6.0. Is the blog/community component included in this version? I understand if you have lower versions it must be added?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

In AEM 6.0 social communities, the Blog feature  is unchanged from CQ 5.6.1.  It is similar to page authoring in that content may only be added in the author environment.

In AEM 6.1 Communities, the Blog feature is undergoing a change to become a Community feature where Community Site members may be authorized to add content to the Blog in the publish environment.  It's being developed using Journal as the framework (so Journal appears to no longer exist).

[ yes, lots of renaming ]

I suggest contacting your account representative to discuss what would best address your goals.

- JK

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

In AEM 6.0 social communities, the Blog feature  is unchanged from CQ 5.6.1.  It is similar to page authoring in that content may only be added in the author environment.

In AEM 6.1 Communities, the Blog feature is undergoing a change to become a Community feature where Community Site members may be authorized to add content to the Blog in the publish environment.  It's being developed using Journal as the framework (so Journal appears to no longer exist).

[ yes, lots of renaming ]

I suggest contacting your account representative to discuss what would best address your goals.

- JK