Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.0 Architect 9A0-385 Certification Tips and Discussion

Level 10

what worked for me at [1] & share your experience here so that helps who are planning to take.   Good luck to everyone taking this exam!

[1]   http://goo.gl/0nH8sp

12 Replies

Former Community Member

I'm also wondering about this question in the same exam guide:

"2. A marketing company wishes to present known clients with lists of offers. Offers are contained within back-end database and updated daily. Which approach should you recommend? A. Retrieve offers from back-end database via AJAX B. Create an AEM component to retrieve offers via an OSGI Service C. Deliver offers via a scheduled job with a JSON response D. Retrieve offers from back-end system via Server Side Includes(SSI)"

The guide says answer C is correct. 

1. The "back-end database" confused me. Is this AEM or an external database somewhere? What's your recommendation on how to deal with ambiguous questions like this in the exam? 
2. I'm assuming the key words here are "updated daily" so that scheduled makes sense. Would the JSON response of the scheduled job be persisted in JCR?
3. What's Adobe's recommendation regarding SSI vs. Ajax loading of dynamic content?

Level 3

Here are my thoughts:

1. The "back-end database" confused me. Is this AEM or an external database somewhere? What's your recommendation on how to deal with ambiguous questions like this in the exam? [Suren's comments: Yes that can be an external database, also we generally do not use a database for AEM. We may have to read the question several times and try to build context around it to see what makes sense and what does not. Moreover we cannot argue or discuss or compete questions/answers before or after the exam with Adobe. So we'll have to use our best judgement.]

2. I'm assuming the key words here are "updated daily" so that scheduled makes sense. Would the JSON response of the scheduled job be persisted in JCR? [Suren's comments: If you look at the first line of the question, "present known clients with list of offers". So if we can reverse-engineer the solution.. If a client opens some webpage, latest offers need show up. To do this, we may have to do a lookup of latest-offers from the source (here a database), and the best choice is to do a web-service call, get the response (usually JSON is preferred). Here we may have a choice to either just pull the offers fro db and show on page or persist them in CRX and use that to show on page. But if we use CRX, there's some additional processing and steps involved. If the offers size if less and frequency of updates are low, then it maybe a viable situation. But that' out-of-scope in the questions here. Since this being an Architect level exam, we may have to think at a higher level.]

3. What's Adobe's recommendation regarding SSI vs. Ajax loading of dynamic content? [Suren's comments: There's no standard set. But i would recommend using Ajax loading of dynamic content over SSI for Authoring purposes. And each have their own pros & cons. Here's a good Article by Dennis on the concept. ]

Hope the above helps!

Level 2

Could someone please point me to how Adobe defines these different diagrams, Physical, Conceptual,Data Flow, Logical etc?

Level 10

sorry as part of NDA i will not be discussing real exams Q&A.

Level 10

Thanks for sharing Sham ! and congrats on your certification :)

Former Community Member

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I have a question about one of the example questions in the exam guide (Source: https://solutionpartners.adobe.com/content/dam/collateral/APEXAssets_Public/AEM_6_Architect_EG.pdf):

"6. You have created a solution architecture for a financial services company. After the design is completed, but before implementation starts, the company decides that rather than authenticating users against their internal LDAP server, they will authenticate using an externally hosted SAML Identity Provider. Which two architectural diagrams need to be revised to meet this change? (Choose two.) A. Physical. B. Conceptual. C. Data Flow. D. Logical."

The guide says B and C are correct. Could someone point me to how Adobe defines these different diagrams? I'm just wondering because for me, what's described here is "conceptually" the same (ie. authenticate with some IP), but "logically" different. Also, why wouldn't the physical diagram change when there's a new system being used?

I might just need a better definition of these diagrams so any help is appreciated!

Administrator

Congratulations Sham and Thank you for sharing your experience.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi Kautuk,

I also got Certified last week with AEM Architect Certification.

-Navin

Administrator

Congratulation navinkaushal.

You should certainly share your preparation strategy as well as your experience for others who would be taking this exam soon. Create a new post, I will make that thread as feature content.

-kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Sure I will do that... Majory I studied throught the AEM Product Documentation online

Level 1

Could you please share some links which you have referred for AEM Product Documentation?