Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 5.6.1 "scaffold" component initially draws with one JSP and then re-draws with a completely different JSP

Level 2

OK, so a high level, quick description of my problem:

1. I have a certain page, which is just used by our content authors to edit raw data in a Scaffold-like setup which is apparently very dissimilar from most people's AEM/CQ setups for data/scaffolding

2. Each of these pages has a structure that is like /path/to/thepage/actualpage/jcr:content/cards/card -- I don't know what cards and card are all about, beyond a "legacy data structure" but they are jcr:primaryType=nt:unstructured, and there is just one of each per "page."

3. When a content author right clicks and says edit (there is really just one page component with one huge modular component, it seems like, if that's the correct parlance), they have a Dialog of Panels and when they modify the data, and save it, the page then redraws in a completely different way.  

4. The initial draw is from the actualpage/jcr:content's sling:resourceType's JSP -- but after saving its from the actualpage/jcr:content/cards/card's sling:resourceType's JSP, which is different.  (And the card's sling:resourceType is actually used by different components actually displayed on our site, so I don't want to re-engineer that until I better understand what is going on here.)  

For a little bit more detail, see below.  

If you find my description too confusing (which I would totally understand, there are a zillion Nodes and links going around here), I'd love a bit of a pointer with telling me how to better convey my problem, or any pointer as to how to generally go about debugging what events are happening in the ExtJS stuff, if that would be helpful (it seems like it might, but I got utterly confused trying to trace through the ExtJS Javascript stuff).  :-)  

Any response or pointers is mucho appreciated.

--Tom

I have a set of pages which seem to be based on Scaffolding, though they are no longer created using /etc/scaffolding/* stuff as per a page like this: http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/scaffolding.html

I have pages in /content/Scaffold_pages/something/something_else/a_page, where a_page is of jcr:primaryType=cq:Page

a_page will have in it a jcr:content Node with jcr:primaryType=cq:PageContent, and sling:resourceType=[points to a cq:Component]

The jcr:content Node has within it an nt:unstructured called cards, containing another nt:unstructured called card (and I've only ever seen any of these with one card Node within a cards Node).  

And the card Node (at /content/Scaffold_pages/something/something_else/a_page/jcr:content/cards/card) has a sling:resourceType=[points to a different cq:Component].  

Now, what I'm seeing is that when I draw the page at /content/Scaffold_pages/something/something_else/a_page, I see the page drawn by the JSP of the first cq:Component (from the sling:resourceType on the jcr:content Node) and then when I right click and edit the thing (to be honest, I'm not 100% sure whether its the jcr:content which is getting edited, or the card which is getting edited), I get a Dialog with several tabs, which comes from the 2nd cq:Component (a page component).  This Dialog comes from a cq:Component, which was <cq:include path=currentPage.getPath() + "/jcr:content/cards/card" /path/to/component/with/dialog" resourceType="/path/to/modular/component/with/dialog"/>-ed in the JSP from the page component indicated on the a_page/jcr:content/cards/card Node (its sling:resourceType).  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is normal flow.

1. Identify resource type of component which author right clicks.   Let says "foundation/text"
  2. You will find that component at apps or libs folder.   i.e /apps/foundation/text or /libs/foundation/text
  3. At /apps/foundation/text you will see under dialog  editConfig node which has listener calling respective java script

Or use request tracker in felix console to get the component it is calling.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is normal flow.

1. Identify resource type of component which author right clicks.   Let says "foundation/text"
  2. You will find that component at apps or libs folder.   i.e /apps/foundation/text or /libs/foundation/text
  3. At /apps/foundation/text you will see under dialog  editConfig node which has listener calling respective java script

Or use request tracker in felix console to get the component it is calling.