Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe Social Cloud For Comments and Like

Level 4

We are planning to implement application specific comment and like functionality for pages in AEM.we are planning to use adobe social cloud as resource provider.Has anyone implemented this anywhere ? Any pointers on the API's to connect to social cloud to store the UGC will be really helpful.

Note:we have the licence and credentials for adobe social cloud

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

CeLeBratioN wrote...

By the way, how did you got the license for Adobe Social Cloud? I am also looking for the link to purchase the licesne, maybe you could send me the details per PN.  

This may be a place to start.  From http://www.adobe.com/marketing-cloud.html :

• Find out how Adobe can help you and your business.

Contact us
    877-722-7088

- JK

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 9

I guess, you don't need an API to connect to Adobe social unless specific requirement AEM takes care of that. It is part of Adobe cloud services. All you need is configuration for this.

Jitendra

samr99530769 wrote...

We are planning to implement application specific comment and like functionality for pages in AEM.we are planning to use adobe social cloud as resource provider.Has anyone implemented this anywhere ? Any pointers on the API's to connect to social cloud to store the UGC will be really helpful.

Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at the documentation :- 

This is more related to social plugin components in AEM

FB Comment:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/social-communities/social-plugins.html#Facebook Comments

FB like:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/social-communities/social-plugins.html#Facebook Like Button

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi

I already implemented comment function in AEM 6.1 with MongoDB. You have to configure the storage configuration for author and publish instance. They need the common configuration, otherwise the comments (UGC) will not be replicated. 

You can inerhit the most of the functionality from the default comments component. The "Like" functionality is named as "Vote" and is also integrated. At least it depends how much you have to customise the functions, if you want to add or modify the behaviour of a specific function, you have to override the correct java classes.

If you need some help with comment component, just ask me.

Storage configuration: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/communities/srp/asrp.html

By the way, how did you got the license for Adobe Social Cloud? I am also looking for the link to purchase the licesne, maybe you could send me the details per PN.  

Employee

samr99530769 wrote...

I take it you have a licence for Communities?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 9

Hi,

If AEM Communities Extension is licensed and Adobe Social cloud is licensed, then you should be able to work through your account representative if you need help with customizing.

If you're not using AEM 6.1, then it is strongly recommended you upgrade from AEM 6.0 social communities to AEM Communities 6.1.

Understand - in Communities 6.1, UGC is never replicated, instead SRP (Storage Resource Provider) makes it possible to access the one instance of UGC from either the author or publish environment (except for JSRP, which is not yet production-ready).

Some other documentation which might be of use :

Upgrading to AEM Communities 6.1 - inclues a link to a tool on GitHub which can be customized to move existing UGC into a new location

AEM Communities 6.1 Overview 

Getting Started with AEM Communities - a tutorial to show how quickly you can create a Community Site with many Community features.

Hope this helps.

- JK

PS:  SRP was initially from the SocialResourceProvider API :  'social' from the former name 'social communities' and not to be confused with 'Adobe Social' .  The 'S' really is for 'storage'.

Correct answer by
Level 9

CeLeBratioN wrote...

This may be a place to start.  From http://www.adobe.com/marketing-cloud.html :

• Find out how Adobe can help you and your business.

Contact us
    877-722-7088

- JK

Level 9

CORRECTION

JK Kendall wrote...

If AEM Communities is licensed and Adobe Social cloud is licensed, 

For ASRP, the license needed is for the "AEM Communities Extension" SKU (aka Cloud Storage for AEM Communities).  An Adobe Social license is not needed.

- JK

Level 5

HI,

In case of MSRP do we still need the end user nodes cached in AEM ? .

Just want to get a perspective will MSRP work if users are not cached in /home/user node assuming I am using an external identity and driving the entire experience as anonymous

Level 9

sri003 wrote...

HI,

In case of MSRP do we still need the end user nodes cached in AEM ? .

Just want to get a perspective will MSRP work if users are not cached in /home/user node assuming I am using an external identity and driving the entire experience as anonymous

Someone has to be signed in as a community member in order to post content in the publish environment.

Not sure what is the desired experience if it is not a community of members and it's all anonymous.

I would suggest working with your account representative to address your specific needs.

- JK