Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe Marketing Cloud - Monitor and log access to Client Personal Data

Level 10

Hi,

In a typical Adobe Marketing Cloud  (AMC) implementation, there could be AEM, DTM, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Campaign, etc, with AEM alone being on premises and all other products on cloud.

1. Where is all data stored In such a case? Where ever AEM data store is configured, like JCR or Relational DB or Mongo DB, etc?

2. In such a case how to Monitor and log access to Client Personal Data?

My understanding is that  we do not have any functionality out of box.

If it is JCR, we have to write JCR Events to capture such a data and do the needful like logging in to a file.

In case of a Database storage, we have to write a Trigger for it.

Any suggestions?

3. This covers just AEM data store. Is data stored anywhere else also, and how is this (Monitor and log access to Client Personal Data)  done there?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

Analytics just tracks dimensions & metrics. There is no need to store personal data. DTM injects script to integrate between systems. Others like adobe campaign, AEM ...  stores if you have configured so. it depends on implementation where it is configured to stored Or it is pulling from other web services. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

Analytics just tracks dimensions & metrics. There is no need to store personal data. DTM injects script to integrate between systems. Others like adobe campaign, AEM ...  stores if you have configured so. it depends on implementation where it is configured to stored Or it is pulling from other web services. 

Thanks,

Administrator

As mentioned by MC Stuff,

AEM stores its data in JCR where as when we talk about

1. DTM, it is just a script injection in the AEM. No AEM related data is stores at DTM side. Data layer can be passed but it is not persisted.

2. AA, It would store the data that you want to track. Personal information is never sent to AA.

What is the need to understand the data stores?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi,

I agree that AA does not track and store PII.

Similarly AMO also does not track and store PII.

But, some other products like Campaign, AAM and Target may do so.

For those products, how to Monitor and log access to Client Personal Data?

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 9

Hi Rama,

You need to write own layer of protection & logging if planning to store PII in aem or campaign.   Instead use proven pii storage system & pull data when ever required using web service call. 

Thanks,

Level 10

Hi,

My understanding is that as soon as the data is filled, it will be stored in jcr and I will not get control before the storage.

How to make my own layer of protection & logging logic kick in before storing PII in aem or campaign?

Extend a class or how?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 9

Hi Rama,

There are various ways & I would recommend to engage with consulting.

Thanks,

Level 10

Hi MC Stuff,

If not the full procedures, could the names of these procedures or URLs be shared please?

One or two will do for me.

Thanks,

Rama.