Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Adobe Experience Manager ClientContext geolocation on publish

Former Community Member

I have problem with ClientContext in publish. Most specifically this javascript code on a page:

var geolocationStore = CQ_Analytics.ClientContextMgr.getRegisteredStore("geolocation");

Geolocation store is not working in publish mode while in author works, and stores like facebook, or marketing work on both, author and publish.

Can you please tell me if i missed something, because everything except this seems to be ok.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Use 'Activate Tree' to activate the node /etc/clientcontext

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Make sure to activate client context configured.   That is from design mode of page in author find client context path  as shown in sample [1] and then make sure to activate that cliet context.

[1]  http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/turn-off-geolocation/_jcr_content/main-pars/image_0.img...

Former Community Member

No, the tree is activated. But I did found out something new, what might be the reason it does not work on publish.
My client context on admin worked, but then I cleared  /var/classes and /var/clientlibs nodes, and suddently it doesn't work on admin any more. 
I do have my store under 
/etc/clientcontext/default/content/jcr:content/stores and client context under apps referenced from store (you can see the structure in the image [img]cctree.png[/img]).

Now, the thing is that my init.js gets run (I did debug), but the stuff from kernel or the ui lib does not, and my client context does not get initialized.
I guess this is the reason why it does not work, but I do not know why /var/ node has anything to do with it, and why it stopped working after cleaning it.

Former Community Member

I did activate the client context. I have my  /libs/cq/personalization/components/contextstores/geolocation nodes published. 

Also I do not have client context as a component you shown.

Level 10

I was not referring to component instead of design.   You will see that only in design mode. Can you try activating /etc/clientcontext/default

Working in author & not on publish is many times because of mismatch of all the required content/template/component between instances.

Former Community Member

Yes I did activate this node. But still it does not work correctly. i actually publish this in a way shown in attachment, by activating the page. But i just checked and republished this complete node /etc/clientcontext and it is completely in sync with publish instance.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Use 'Activate Tree' to activate the node /etc/clientcontext