Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe Developers Live 2021, Session | AEM Screens as a Cloud Service

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Session Details

Re-imagining AEM Screens as a Cloud Service: a journey from being tightly coupled to a CMS to becoming a fully managed and scalable cloud service.

Experience League Session Recording 

Session Schedule

8-Feb, 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM PST

Speaker(s)

Dominique Jaeggi & Tobias Reiss

Full Schedule

Check Here

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the question related to this Session. Click here for the session slides.

Session FAQs

Q. If I'm understanding things correctly here, nearly all of the "AEM Screens" CS product now entirely takes place entirely outside of an AEM runtime itself, with only the uploading & management of assets? 

A. UI-wise it’s a seamless experience. Everything related to player management takes place outside of the AEM runtime. All content management concerns (I.e. channel creation and editing) still reside within AEM. 

Q. When will it be available in the cloud? And do we have to make huge changes to our currently running system in order to migrate to the cloud? 

A. We are currently in beta. Huge changes are not expected. 

Q. What does the migration path look like from "Classic" Screens? 

A. It depends on where you want your Assets to be located – Please follow the existing migration path from AEMaaCS or AMS. Additionally, all Players must be pointed to Screens Cloud. That’s usually a trivial task for your MDM provider. 

Q. Is it required for Assets to be located in the AEMaaCS platform, or would this new Screens CS work with an on-premise AEM installation? 

A. There is currently no plan to support on-premise installations of AEM. We support AMS and AEMaaCS deployments. 

Don't forget to register yourself for this session using the registration link shared above. 

Kautuk Sahni
1 Reply