Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe Developer Live 2023 – Experience League Community Challenge

Administrator

kautuk_sahni_0-1684208107431.png

We are pleased to extend an invitation to participate in the Experience League Community Challenge and have the opportunity to win a valuable Starbucks gift cardJoin us in the challenge by completing Two tasks (reply to this thread) and win the prize:

• Introduce yourself | Introduce yourself by replying to this post with your name, company, and DX solution(s) you use.

AND

• Favorite AEM Features | Share your favorite AEM feature & Why by replying to this post.

The participants will receive a Starbucks gift card. Don't miss this opportunity to connect with your fellow AEM community members, and win a gift card.

TC:

Kautuk Sahni
14 Replies

Level 2

I graduated from Damascus University in 2001 with a degree as an assistant computer engineer. Since then, I've been thinking about data, how it's processed, and artificial intelligence. But when I searched for the profession as a programmer to be able to navigate in this field, circumstances led me to work as a graphic designer and layout designer on InDesign application, and I love that. And with successive years I immersed myself more as a job in graphic layout. But I never left coding and did not stop thinking about artificial intelligence, not just dreams about it but thinking about philosophical and logical solutions.
Therefore, more than ten years ago, I started developing an extension to manage files and synchronize them between devices, and through the years I continued to develop it. And you can find in Adobe Exchange. Its capabilities to dynamically generate designs have been achieved through the Node.js server. The number of code lines reached thirty thousand lines of complex and logically overlapping level. But there is no sufficient use of it also it's open source and free!

About AEM I know nothing about it.

Administrator

@dulajun 

It's fascinating to hear about your background as an assistant computer engineer and your enduring passion for data processing and artificial intelligence. While circumstances led you to work as a graphic designer and layout designer, it's wonderful to see how you embraced that role and found fulfillment in it. It's impressive to hear that you never abandoned coding and continuously pursued your interest in artificial intelligence. Developing an extension to manage and synchronize files between devices is no small feat, and your dedication to improving it over the years is commendable. Thank you for joining in the AEM community. 

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks for your words. It touched me and encouraged me to keep going. Thanks again.

Level 1

Good day all! My name is Jodi Cramer, Software Engineer with Optum. I began with AEM as an Author and have transitioned to front-end development of components. Currently my favorite AEM feature is the AEM Style System. This feature allows one to offer "on-brand" style options that are quickly accessible to Content Authors. This really allows for a quick, efficient turnaround.

Administrator

@jodi_cramer 

Thank you for sharing your experience and insights with the AEM community! It's great to hear about your journey from being an Author to transitioning into front-end development with AEM. The AEM Style System sounds like an excellent feature, enabling content authors to have quick access to "on-brand" style options and facilitating efficient turnarounds.

It's always inspiring to see community members like you actively contributing and finding value in AEM's features. Your expertise and perspective undoubtedly make a positive impact on the community. Keep up the fantastic work, and I hope you continue to explore and enjoy the many possibilities that AEM has to offer.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Hi, My name is Shubhanshu Singh working as a Senior Consultant at Deloitte India. Been working on AEM for the last 7 years for clients in different regions. Recently, I have been working on AEM Assets as cloud services and migration for clients. Looking forward to sessions on APIs and GraphQL headless sessions.

My favorite AEM feature is Content Fragments as provides a convenient way to organize, group, and collaborate with different users by creating asset collections and it can also be personalized.

Administrator

@shubhanshu_singh It's wonderful to connect with a seasoned professional like you who has extensive experience working with AEM. It's exciting to hear that you've been focusing on AEM Assets as cloud services and migration for your clients. These areas are becoming increasingly important as organizations transition to cloud-based solutions and seek seamless migration strategies. I'm sure your insights and experiences in this domain will be highly sought after.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Hi , This is Sivakumar and working as AEM full stack developer in Accenture Singapore. currently we are using the AEM forms for one of the leading bank.

My favourite AEM feature was Content and Experience fragments which we can create once and use at multiple pages by reducing the iteration of the content creation.

And this content can be exported to any of the third party websites and can be import to AEM from third party as well..

Thanks,
Siva

Community Advisor

Hi, My name is Varun Rawat and I’m working as a Technical Architect at 3|Share Canada. I’m working on AEM for the last 12 years. 
My favourite feature is Content & Experience Fragments as it allows you to reuse content across multiple channels.

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am Sanjay Bangar having 7+ years of experience in AEM and currently working in Publicis Sapient.

My favourite features of AEM is an Editable Template which is used to change the structure and content anytime as per the requirement. 

Another feature is integration with other Adobe products like Adobe target,Adobe launch in easy way.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Level 6

Hi Everyone, Myself Somen Sarkar and working with TA Digital as a Technical Architect. I have around 9 years of Experience with AEM.

My favourite AEM features are Experience fragements, Content fragements and graphQL . These features helps us in collaborating efficiently with other products and create wonderful user experiences.

Community Advisor

Hello Guys,

I am Vijay Katoch and working with Bureau Veritas as a Module Lead. I have around 13 years of Experience in AEM.

Mostly I work with AEM Forms and I love to work with AEM workflow and integration of AEM forms with different data sources. Also the theme feature in AEM forms is my favourite, using which we can customise the appearance of form as per the need.

Community Advisor

Hello everyone!

I'm Mayur, a passionate Senior Software Developer at Bounteous with 2 years and 8 months of experience under my belt. I thrive on being a technology enthusiast and have gained extensive hands-on expertise in implementing a diverse range of Adobe tools and frameworks.

Throughout my career, I've actively contributed to the end-to-end development of large-scale, multilingual, global web application projects for renowned brands. I've always had an innate curiosity and fascination for cutting-edge technologies, which has driven me to stay at the forefront of advancements.

In addition to my AEM development work, I'm constantly exploring new horizons and engaging in Python development to create innovative tools and utilities that enhance business productivity. For me, software engineering is a never-ending puzzle that I am always passionately engaged in solving. I firmly believe in the transformative power of programming to positively impact lives worldwide. It's a passion that keeps me motivated and driven to make a difference.

While I appreciate all the features of AEM, there are a few that hold a special place. Among them, Dynamic Media and Asset Share Commons stand out as my absolute favorites .

Firstly, Dynamic Media empowers me to create captivating and interactive visual experiences. It allows me to easily manage and deliver rich media content, such as images, videos, and 3D assets, in a dynamic and personalized manner. This feature enables me to deliver immersive experiences to users, enhancing engagement and making a lasting impact.

Secondly, Asset Share Commons simplifies the process of sharing and collaborating on assets within AEM. It provides a user-friendly interface and robust set of tools that streamline asset management, enabling efficient collaboration among team members. I can easily search for and share assets, set permissions, and track asset usage, making it a breeze to collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders.

Community Advisor

Hi All,
I am Rohan Garg working as a Principal Engineer at TA Digital. I have been working with AEM for 6+ years now and have worked on AEM Sites, Assets and Forms.

I have seen AEM evolve from having offline tar compaction in AEM 6.1 when the instance had to be taken offline for cleanup. In today's high availability cloud first world, it's hard to imagine the early days and ways of working!
The product has evolved in so many aspects and continues to do so with each version upgrade.

Coming to AEM Features, I will pick one from each module I use.

For AEM Sites - MSM (Multi-Site Manager) coupled with Translation was the first ever feature that wowed me thoroughly & has continued to do so! Combine MSM with Translation Tools (Clay Tablet or Smartling) and you have an amazing ease of managing websites and their languages/translation.

For AEM Assets - Connected DAM on AMS allowing site authors to access remote AEM DAM instance & Brand Portal in cloud application to share some assets with their agencies or who want to share a portal with their partner but at the same time don’t want to give them the access of DAM.

For AEM Forms - Automated Forms Conversion powered by Sensei is an interesting feature to explore. I have however loved the rule editor in each form field allowing custom validations, making REST API calls for backend integrations & form pre-filling. The ease of handling both frontend validations and backend integrations is very user friendly!