Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding tags to asset on DAM upload

Level 6

Is it possible to add specific/default tags automatically to assets on uploading to AEM DAM. If an asset is uploaded to /content/dam/folderA, a tag named folder-a should be automatically be added to that asset and any uploads to /content/dam/folderB, the tag should be folder-b. Is there any OOTB mechanism/tools to achieve this or should I need to extend the OOTB DAM Asset Update workflow to set this automation in place? What would be the ideal solution here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

In case the asset is moved then old metadata value also will be shifted to other location. You have to reprocess the asset to apply the new metadata profile values. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi ,

You can use metadata profiles to achieve the same. Pls check the below link :-

Metadata profiles | Adobe Experience Manager

Thanks,

Somen

Level 6

Thank you @somen-sarkar Just would like to understand whether this would work if an asset is moved from one location to another? Let's say I've setted up a metadata profile for one of the DAM folders, added some assets, and I've later got a requirement to move the asset to a different folder which has it's own metadata profile. So in that case I would require my asset tag to be changed to the new one.

Correct answer by
Level 6

In case the asset is moved then old metadata value also will be shifted to other location. You have to reprocess the asset to apply the new metadata profile values. 

Level 6

Also, I would like to understand would this work all the time as I had some prior experience where the tags wont get properly added with the metadata profile setup.

Community Advisor

Hi @jezwn 

The correct way to do it in extending the DAM asset update workflow as it takes care of all the other activities. Create a custom step and include the logic of attaching the tags.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.