Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding default values to page properties using editable templates

Level 2

We have arequirement to add custom flags to pages created using a particular editable template ,using static template we could do this by adding the property under template/ jc:content  .Please let me how to achieve the same using editable templates.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@krishker  There is no format such that, it takes the name attribute of your custom property.
For Eg: 

krishna_sai_0-1677472951563.png

you have a text field with ./sampleProperty 

Navigate to initial content of your template node and save that custom property with the value you want to come as part of page creation with this template

krishna_sai_1-1677473131980.png

Now when you create a page using this template you can see that value you have given in the page properties.
Hope this helps,
Krishna

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@krishker you can add properties to initial/jcr:content node if you want any properties that needs to come as part of page creation.

Eg: /conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/initial/jcr:content

Hope this helps,

Krishna

Level 2

Hello Sai..

Thanks for the response . This is what I tried but the values are not shown in the newly created pages . Do we have a format to add the properties like jcr:xxx or cq:xxx . (Trying this in my local instance) .

Thanks 

Krishna

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@krishker  There is no format such that, it takes the name attribute of your custom property.
For Eg: 

krishna_sai_0-1677472951563.png

you have a text field with ./sampleProperty 

Navigate to initial content of your template node and save that custom property with the value you want to come as part of page creation with this template

krishna_sai_1-1677473131980.png

Now when you create a page using this template you can see that value you have given in the page properties.
Hope this helps,
Krishna

Level 4

You can overlay or override the properties in your template and then you can provide the default values to the properties.

Thanks

Shivam

Level 2

Hello Shivam ,

Thsnka for the response. My requierement is for custom properties , which i need to add on page creation based on templates.

Regards

Krishna