Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Add metadata while uploading assets

Level 2

At the time of uploading assets, mandatory metadata fields (It means title, description, and tags etc..,) should also be added and uploaded at dam.

When we press the create button and select the local asset, the dialog fields should be such that we enter the required metadata fields while entering the filename field.

I was planning to use overload or override the create > files > Upload Assets to make the mandatory field file name along with mandatory metadata fields. Need solution for this, if it possible give a better suggestions. Thanks for advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@gvk19694 You need to add a custom process step in Out of the box available DAM Update Asset Workflow.

Just ensure that your custom process step is added in the workflow model after this existing step in the model -  DAM Update Asset Workflow Completed

You can read through this article on how to extend the functionality of OOTB workflows by creating new process step (in your case). -- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/developing/extend...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@gvk19694 Instead, you can add this additional metadata in the asset itself and then customize the DAM asset update workflow to extract this additional metadata and populate it in a custom metadata tab in the Asset properties once the asset is uploaded in  DAM.

Level 2

Thanks for reply @Harwinder-singh. Can you please elobrate the dam update asset workflow. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@gvk19694 You need to add a custom process step in Out of the box available DAM Update Asset Workflow.

Just ensure that your custom process step is added in the workflow model after this existing step in the model -  DAM Update Asset Workflow Completed

You can read through this article on how to extend the functionality of OOTB workflows by creating new process step (in your case). -- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/developing/extend...

Level 2

Thanks for reply @Shiv_Prakash_Patel! Actually whatever you given solution it is a uploading assets by using CSV. So I am aware on this. But my requirement was not that. My requirement was overload the create > file > upload assets module.

Community Advisor

Hi @gvk19694 ,

In this case, you have to customize the DAM ASSET UPDATE workflow. This workflow automatically runs when we upload any asset to the DAM.

Add a custom process step after DAM Update Asset Workflow Completed to update the 

required metadata values. In the custom process step, you can update the metadata value with the Node API or Modifable ValueMap.

Shiv_Prakash_Patel_0-1705426484572.png

Hope, this will meet your requirements

Regards,

Shiv

Shiv Prakash