Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Add Metadata dialog fields while uploading DAM files or folders

Level 2

While uploading any files or folders at DAM, parallelly to get metadata fields dialog for adding metadata.

It means when we got AEM Assets | Files we have a CREATE button to upload new files or folders, when we select any file or multi files, meanwhile folders it display a dialog field name called fileName with CANCEL or UPLOAD button, at that time I need a extra fields dialog to enter metadata fields (dc:title. dc:description, date and time range etc.,). I need a solution for this, if anyone knows please give me a valid solution to get successful results.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@MarkoIssac  You can add metadata once an asset is uploaded to AEM DAM (using Create button). You can select the uploaded asset> Click properties to see the metadata fields and update.

In case you need to perform this operation on bulk assets, you can export the metadata csv, update the dc:title etc. fields in excel, import the same file back to AEM.

Process is described here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/using/metadata.html?lang=en 

Let me know how it goes.

Level 2

Thanks for reply. According to this I done, but my requirements is not that, I'm sharing exact image you'll get an idea for what am I asking, 

IMG_20230518_123547.png

like this I want, and that entered data stores in metadata fields column

Community Advisor

@MarkoIssac , if the file has embedded data for title and description and size, it will overwrite the values provided by you in the dialog as shown above. 

Level 2

Yes It will overwrite. But, that image was reference pic. I need a code or creation of embedded the libs dam component, solution.