Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add CUG to individual Assets in AEM

Level 2

Could you please confirm if there is any specific reason as why CUG option is not given for individual assets and provided only at folder level?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Then you can do it through crxde as I mentioned in the last post. Please raise a daycare ticket with business impact and use case details and we can open an enhancement request.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Please explain the use case where you would need a CUG on a particular asset.

Employee

Hello Prajwal,

We used to have the same feature in classic UI from starting and it was the feature request to add similar changes for touch UI as well.

Assets UI now allows CUG to be set via the Folder Properties within the UI. It is possible to set CUG at the individual asset level however there is no UI for this and would have to be done programmatically or via CRXDE. At asset level, it can be applied by adding "rep:CugMixin" in jcr:mixinTypes and defining principles at rep:cugPolicy node at the asset node.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 2

Use case is we have documents which needs to be restricted based on the user group and can't move those to different folders. We were exploring various options to achieve it. We thought of adding the CUG values via custom metadata schema.But just wanted to check the reason why that is not available OOTB.

Level 2

We can't rely on doing it using the code. we want author to add CUG groups for the assets as per the requirement. It will not be always the same groups for each asset.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Then you can do it through crxde as I mentioned in the last post. Please raise a daycare ticket with business impact and use case details and we can open an enhancement request.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 2

We will raise the request with daycare..But just thinking of the reason why it was provided as asset level when we have it in the pages..Please let us know if you're aware.