Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add blogging mechanism to cq template page

Level 3

I have a template with a parsys.In the template  after Parsys  I need to add the blog mechanism.

blog mechanism should contain :- 2  input fields [Name and comment] basically a form .so when user submits it .

The comment entered must get displayed below  the above mentioned form.

MY question:-

Now how do I add the blogging mechanism with custom from in the template .Any suggestions or references.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Joshi,

The Blog feature would not be added to a template as it is a template.

If you have the latest versions of AEM 5.6.1 or AEM 6.0 social communities, visit https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/social-communities/create-blog.html  These versions of the Blog feature are deprecated as they only allow adding content in the author environment (except for comments).

The Blog feature for AEM Communities 6.1 will be accessible to authors in the publish environment.  The release is new and the documentation is in progress.  In this release, it will be possible to add the Blog component to a page template using standard AEM editing methods.

- JK

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Joshi,

The Blog feature would not be added to a template as it is a template.

If you have the latest versions of AEM 5.6.1 or AEM 6.0 social communities, visit https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/social-communities/create-blog.html  These versions of the Blog feature are deprecated as they only allow adding content in the author environment (except for comments).

The Blog feature for AEM Communities 6.1 will be accessible to authors in the publish environment.  The release is new and the documentation is in progress.  In this release, it will be possible to add the Blog component to a page template using standard AEM editing methods.

- JK

Level 2

Hi JK,

Would you be able to let me know the steps in migrating blogs to journals ?

I understand that the com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-blog has been removed now and we have to use social-journals. Is there any alternative API to achieve the same functionalities ? Or is it a complete change in the feature as there is a change in the architecture and the Blog entries takes place in the publish instance.

Thanks in advance.