Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Activating newly created components in AEM 6.0

Level 2

This may be fairly obvious, and I'm overlooking it, but how do you enable/activate a component to show up in the Components Tab in the side panel when you are in the author editor?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you are using AEM 6 and your component is not available on component tab here, then you might have to switch to classic UI and enable your component through design mode. I don't see design mode option in touch UI.

[img]Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 10.54.55 AM.png[/img]

Yogesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

You can do that by switching to design mode through side kick and then allowing your component through parsys.

This document is old but process is fairly similar in recent version as well http://docs.adobe.com/docs/v5_2/html-resources/cq5_guide_power_user/ch03s03.html

Yogesh

Level 2

There is no Sidekick in AEM 6.0, unless you go to the Classic UI, which I have been doing to access the Design mode.  Wondering if there is a way to do that via the new editor.html area in the authoring environment.

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you are using AEM 6 and your component is not available on component tab here, then you might have to switch to classic UI and enable your component through design mode. I don't see design mode option in touch UI.

[img]Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 10.54.55 AM.png[/img]

Yogesh

Level 2

Thanks Yogesh.  Moving back to using Classic UI 100% of the time :)

Level 10

but classic view might not be available in future :) so its good to get used to touch UI