Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACS commons not being uninstalled and causing dependencies

Level 2

Hi, I have been trying to update the ACS commons from version 5.3.4 to 6.0.0 via pom file changes.I have also gone through guide here https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/pages/maven.html As per the recommendation I changed the artifact ID and ACS commons version in dependency. When I build the code the acs-aem-commons-all gets installed for 6.0.0 and acs-aem-commons-content is uninstalled. But acs-aem-commons-ui-apps and acs-aem-commons-ui-content is not uninstalled automatically and dependency of those remains as the old version itself and thrown a dependency error during manual reinstall via package manager

If I completely uninstall all acs commons initially (not deleting)  through package manager and then build the code the expected new version is installed on top of 5.3.4. (i.e) I can see acs commons 6.0.0 for apps and contents too. But on uninstalling ui-apps and ui- contents falls back to the previous version of 5.3.4 which indicates the older version is not completely removed.

How should I proceed if I want to update acs commons via code by completely removing older version and installing the latest version?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

To update ACS Commons from version 5.3.4 to 6.0.0 and ensure a clean installation:

1. Update the ACS Commons dependency in your project's pom.xml file with the new version (6.0.0).
  2. Clean your local Maven repository with the command: mvn clean install -U.
  3. Manually uninstall the old ACS Commons packages (acs-aem-commons-content, acs-aem-commons-ui-apps, acs-aem-commons-ui-content) in AEM's Package Manager.
  4. Rebuild and deploy your code, and verify that the new ACS Commons version is installed correctly in the Package Manager.

Note: Ensure that all other dependencies and libraries are compatible with ACS Commons 6.0.0 for a smooth update process. Test thoroughly before applying changes in a production environment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Kavin742 

In AEM whenever you update the package, it gets installed on top of the old one. Please try to uninstall the old ones manually if you want to delete them completely.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

To update ACS Commons from version 5.3.4 to 6.0.0 and ensure a clean installation:

1. Update the ACS Commons dependency in your project's pom.xml file with the new version (6.0.0).
  2. Clean your local Maven repository with the command: mvn clean install -U.
  3. Manually uninstall the old ACS Commons packages (acs-aem-commons-content, acs-aem-commons-ui-apps, acs-aem-commons-ui-content) in AEM's Package Manager.
  4. Rebuild and deploy your code, and verify that the new ACS Commons version is installed correctly in the Package Manager.

Note: Ensure that all other dependencies and libraries are compatible with ACS Commons 6.0.0 for a smooth update process. Test thoroughly before applying changes in a production environment.