Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Accessing path /welcome on AEMaaCS publish instance

Level 2

I am unable to access any path starting with "/welcome" on my AEMaaCS publish instance. The response status code is always 403, and the response body is empty. The dispatcher configuration is being completely ignored. It seems to be somehow reserved by the AEM itself and the request is probably being redirected to "/libs/cq/core/content/welcome.html". What should I do to enable users to visit my "/welcome.html" page without the need to use the full path (/content/${CONTENT_FOLDER_NAME}/us/en/welcome.html)?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I see, then there are two options:

1.) Change /welcome.html to something else (if possible)

2.) Since it's a reserved path for the AEM Cloud application, that's why it doesn't get logged. I would advise you to open a support ticket so that engineering can assist you with that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @jpwtt ,

It's the default rewrite to block access to /welcome which used to be home for the classic UI home screen of AEM. Since AEM cloud doesn't support it, that's why you see this error.

You can add a rewrite rule in your apache configuration to rewrite /welcome -> /content/<yourapplication>somepage.

If you still see the error, open an adobe ticket for a detailed investigation.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 2

But I already have rewrite rules in place that should rewrite this request as you suggested. Moreover, the request is not present in the httpdadccess log, so I don't know how would Apache configuration fix the issue, if the request presumably never reaches Apache.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I see, then there are two options:

1.) Change /welcome.html to something else (if possible)

2.) Since it's a reserved path for the AEM Cloud application, that's why it doesn't get logged. I would advise you to open a support ticket so that engineering can assist you with that.