Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

A download attribute is being removed after an email is sent.

Community Advisor

Hi

We are using asset share commons default email template

MayurSatav_0-1692163210283.png

and EmailShareServiceImpl.java for sending assets links for download.

MayurSatav_1-1692163349265.png

However, after sharing an asset via email, the download attribute within the anchor tag links is being eliminated. But other attributes like href, alt are allowed. I want to know is there any XSSProtection similar config available for email template ?

MayurSatav_2-1692163468459.png

I

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

After an extensive process of debugging and thorough searching, I'm Concluding this matter with a resolution. Enabling the download attribute isn't feasible, as it was being removed on Google SMTP's end. The available options are to either utilize an alternative SMTP service or directly rename files within AEM before sending them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please check the view-source of an email. could be removed by browser due to invalid attribute. but just check to make sure it is removed from server side but not by the browser.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

I have already checked, including testing on various browsers and email platforms such as Outlook and Gmail. It appears that the removal of the download attribute might be occurring at the SMTP level.

Community Advisor

Hi @MayurSatav,

If your use case supports it, you might want to consider utilizing a data- attribute, such as data-download.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

After an extensive process of debugging and thorough searching, I'm Concluding this matter with a resolution. Enabling the download attribute isn't feasible, as it was being removed on Google SMTP's end. The available options are to either utilize an alternative SMTP service or directly rename files within AEM before sending them.