to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

6.4 upgrade - etc/designs folder

Level 5

Hi All,

I need to upgrade from 6.2 to 6.4 - I knew there is a restructuring in /etc and there is no designs folder inside /etc anymore in 6.4

How to upgrade project that has etc/designs folder to 6.4 ?

etc/design/mysite to 6.4 ?

Thanks,

Sri

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, recently we have migrated one project from 6.3 to 6.4, you need to move etc/designs to this folder "/apps/settings/wcm/designs/<projetname>"

"etc/tags" to "/content/cq:tags"

"etc/clientlibs" to "project specific clientlibs"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Are you suggesting to move "etc/designs/mysite" to "/apps/settings/wcm/designs/" in the code for the upgrade ?

Level 10

In 6.4 - etc is not used like it was in previous versions of AEM - as shown in the doc that Raja pointed out.

Classic Cloud Services Designs

Previous location/etc/designs/cloudservices
New location(s)

/libs/settings/wcm/designs/cloudservices

/apps/settings/wcm/designs/cloudservices

Level 5

smacdonald2008​ thanks for reply. I am interested in site designs rather than cloud services design.

Yes, etc is restructured and I would like to see if any one has done an upgrade , if so, how did they restructured etc/designs/mysite to suit aem 6.4 etc and apps structure?

Thanks again.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, recently we have migrated one project from 6.3 to 6.4, you need to move etc/designs to this folder "/apps/settings/wcm/designs/<projetname>"

"etc/tags" to "/content/cq:tags"

"etc/clientlibs" to "project specific clientlibs"

Level 5

Thanks rajas66269496 , I will follow the same. Appreciate your help.

Level 5

I have clientlibs below etc/designs/my-site/clientlib-all,

Do you recommend to move it to "apps/my-site/clientlib-all" or "apps/settings/wcm/designs/my-site/clientlib-all" ? I would like to move to preferred location.

I have etc/workflows/my-site/launcher, etc/workflow/my-site/models , could you please tell me what would be the new location that I need to move these ?

Thanks.