Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

6.4 upgrade - etc/designs folder

Level 7

Hi All,

I need to upgrade from 6.2 to 6.4 - I knew there is a restructuring in /etc and there is no designs folder inside /etc anymore in 6.4

How to upgrade project that has etc/designs folder to 6.4 ?

etc/design/mysite to 6.4 ?

Thanks,

Sri

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes, recently we have migrated one project from 6.3 to 6.4, you need to move etc/designs to this folder "/apps/settings/wcm/designs/<projetname>"

"etc/tags" to "/content/cq:tags"

"etc/clientlibs" to "project specific clientlibs"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

Are you suggesting to move "etc/designs/mysite" to "/apps/settings/wcm/designs/" in the code for the upgrade ?

Level 10

In 6.4 - etc is not used like it was in previous versions of AEM - as shown in the doc that Raja pointed out.

Classic Cloud Services Designs

Previous location/etc/designs/cloudservices
New location(s)

/libs/settings/wcm/designs/cloudservices

/apps/settings/wcm/designs/cloudservices

Level 7

smacdonald2008​ thanks for reply. I am interested in site designs rather than cloud services design.

Yes, etc is restructured and I would like to see if any one has done an upgrade , if so, how did they restructured etc/designs/mysite to suit aem 6.4 etc and apps structure?

Thanks again.

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes, recently we have migrated one project from 6.3 to 6.4, you need to move etc/designs to this folder "/apps/settings/wcm/designs/<projetname>"

"etc/tags" to "/content/cq:tags"

"etc/clientlibs" to "project specific clientlibs"

Level 7

Thanks rajas66269496 , I will follow the same. Appreciate your help.

Level 7

I have clientlibs below etc/designs/my-site/clientlib-all,

Do you recommend to move it to "apps/my-site/clientlib-all" or "apps/settings/wcm/designs/my-site/clientlib-all" ? I would like to move to preferred location.

I have etc/workflows/my-site/launcher, etc/workflow/my-site/models , could you please tell me what would be the new location that I need to move these ?

Thanks.