Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Created a new template and used that to create site but cannot publish

Level 4

Hi I followed the tutorials and created a template and created an aem site in author instance by using the template. But I am not able to  publish the same site into the publish instance, After I publish the site it shows a blank page and with default HTML tags only. Can anyone briefly explain how to do this? How can I publish my page to the publish instance correctly?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See part 6 of this Guided Journey on working with Editable Templates. It will show you HOW TO successfully publish a page based on a editable template--- Scott's Digital Community: Guided Journey for Experience Manager on Editable Templates

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you please check logs on publish environments?

what did you published? content, template, page components, HTL code etc?

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Before you can publish a page with the new editable templates, you need to create a package and then package up the editbale templates, etc. This is a really good point. We will add this section to the Editable Template Guided Journey.

Correct answer by
Level 10

See part 6 of this Guided Journey on working with Editable Templates. It will show you HOW TO successfully publish a page based on a editable template--- Scott's Digital Community: Guided Journey for Experience Manager on Editable Templates