Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

6.4 Policies for nested parsys in dynamic templates

Level 1

Hello

I am having some problems with parsys containers inside components used in within the new dynamic template editor. I am unable to set policies correctly.
The structure of the page looks like this:

• root
    • header <component>
    • responsivegrid
    • footer <component>
      • parsys (wcm/foundation/components/parsys)

When I edit policies for the parsys it creates a new policy i.e. /conf/sb1/settings/wcm/policies/policy_1562577342304

but every time I edit the policy for this parsys, it generates a new policy number instead of reusing the previous one, resulting in missing configuration and overwrite on save.

I have not found much documentation on how this policy system is wired together so pointers to where I can find that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This looks like it might be related to product issue CQ-4246095 which was a bug related to parsys and the template editor.  A fix was included in AEM 6.3.3,  6.4.4 and 6.5.0.   Please test on one of those versions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I checked this with resposnivegrid and parsys, works fine in 6.4. data store in same policies

And policies stored inside parsys node structure.

e.g.

/conf/AEM64App/settings/wcm/policies/wcm/foundation/components/parsys

Can you check policies under  /conf/sb1/settings/wcm/policies//wcm/foundation/components/parsys/policy_0123456789900

Arun Patidar

Level 2

How do you define the policy for the component has parsys container but this component is put on page multiple times? the policy works only for the first one you put on the page but not work for the ones after since the content node it generated is component name + a random #.  For example below, 'apps/custom/components/my-component' component has a parsys container: 

- my-page 
              -- jcr:content 
                       --- root 
                               ---- my-component ( resourceType: apps/custom/components/my-component)
                               ---- my-component_123123123 ( resourceType: apps/custom/components/my-component)

Correct answer by
Employee

This looks like it might be related to product issue CQ-4246095 which was a bug related to parsys and the template editor.  A fix was included in AEM 6.3.3,  6.4.4 and 6.5.0.   Please test on one of those versions.

Level 2
we have the similar issue with 6.5. we have one component has a parsys container and this component is put on a page multiple times. The policy only worked for the first one but not work for other same component. It seems that policy mapping is based on node path not by component resource type.