Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

6.2 to 6.4 ?? is that a possibility or a big question?

Level 2

Is upgrade from AEM 6.2 to AEM 6.4 a possibility? Please throw some light on its technical feasibility and proprietary prerequisites.

Is it mandatory to be on AEM 6.3 in order to migrate to 6.4??

13 Replies

Level 10

This cannot be answered at this time as 6.4 is not available.

Level 10

Please wait until this product and the docs are released before posting this question.

Level 10

Upgrade from 6.2 to 6.4 - Possible

A repository migration will be required due to SegmentNodeStore change in 6.3

You can find all the details and steps here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/deploying/using/upgrade.html

Level 2

upgraded directly from 6.2 to 6.4 - no issue we have found so far.

Level 1

Hi,

Can you please share any document which you referred to while migrating.

And any list of dependencies and API's that needs to be replaced

Level 2

Hi ,

We did not face any issue while migration as ours is a light weight application in terms of number of dynamic content components that uses integrated services.

The issue that we faced was because of our application content package that had junk/repeat content and junk references. We had to reconstruct our content package but it had nothing to do with 6.4

Level 1

How to Uprade from 6.2 to 6.4 ?  can you give me your steps?

Community Advisor

bmpro​. while upgrading how can the content node structure be handled? For eg 6.2 version will have structure as "/content/appn/en/homepage/testpage/jcr:content/main-content-area/componentnodename", but if same component is created in 6.4 and added to a page it looks like "/content/appn/en/homepage/testpage/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/componentnodename". How does migration handle this? Similar difference can be seen in we-retail packages that are available OOTB

Update: the previous content is based on static template and current version was related to editable template. However I found that the structure of template can be controlled based on the how you create the template in 6.4

Level 1

Hi,

I followed the steps provided in the Adobe document. While upgrading, I face the below issue.

1667573_pastedImage_1.png

Could someone please help on this issue?

Thanks,

KPS!