Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

503 error - AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Level 2

I uninstalled LiveCycle from my windows machine and restarted it. Now when I try to start CQ6 I get this error when trying to load up any page. Even http://localhost:4502

Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

I see the following in my error.log

01.05.2015 22:27:24.577 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] com.adobe.granite.repository.impl.SlingRepositoryManager start: Uncaught Throwable trying to access Repository, calling stopRepository() java.lang.IllegalStateException: Segment 55c759a2-2ced-4d9e-af48-45209e6aa829 not found at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.FileStore.readSegment(FileStore.java:541) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentTracker.getSegment(SegmentTracker.java:106) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentId.getSegment(SegmentId.java:97) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.Record.getSegment(Record.java:68) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.MapRecord.getEntry(MapRecord.java:138) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.MapRecord.getEntry(MapRecord.java:170) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentNodeState.hasChildNode(SegmentNodeState.java:326)

How can I resolve this? I can't even access any pages! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

For future visitors, Deleting repoinit folder from my AEM instance fixed this issue for me. Either you can run below command

rm -rf crx-quickstart/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoinit OR delete the folder manually. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Community Advisor

Check whether your Apache Sling Authentication Service Bundle is active or not. You can check at localhost:4502/system/console/bundles, if it is not active then try to activate it manually.

If the bundle is active and you still get the issue then other solution is to re-index your repository.

Refer to following article for How to re-index AEM Repository: http://www.wemblog.com/2011/12/how-to-rebuild-index-in-cq5-wem.html

Level 4

Hello Team,

I am facing exactly same problem as above. I am thinking to re--index my repository but I am unable to access crx/de..It says service unavailable.

How do I move forward ?

Thanks,

Vish

Employee

Hi,

the error is a symptom of a problem in your repository. Most likely during startup there was an exception much earlier, if you find the original exception, it will help you determine the root cause.

Regards,

Opkar

Correct answer by
Level 5

For future visitors, Deleting repoinit folder from my AEM instance fixed this issue for me. Either you can run below command

rm -rf crx-quickstart/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoinit OR delete the folder manually. 

Level 1

this breaks crx/de and several configurations 
Needs a reindexing afterwards!

Level 1

This worked for me as well out of all the fixes provided above (for AEM 6.5)

Level 1

Thanks, this worked like a charm for me and saved a lot of hassles! Any idea as to why this happens ?

Level 2

This solution also worked for me. We are currently on 6.5.13.

Thanks!!!

Level 1

This is not the solution. we tried and didn't work still getting the same issue 

Level 2

This solution not worked for me, I delete the folder. 

Currently I'm using Service pack 18.

Level 2

For future visitors:  I received this error when attempting to start AEM 6.5.15 with Java 21.1.  Presently only Java 11 is supported.  Make sure you are using a supported java version.