Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

3rd Party Tools and AEM Compatability

Level 3

Hi,

Is there a way to see what versions of the following tools AEM 6 ships with?

• jQuery (including jQuery UI etc)
  • Less compiler
  • AngularJS
  • Bootstrap

Is there somewhere I can see the versions used in the console, or even in the JCR?  Or is it documented somewhere what versions are shipped with AEM 6?

Are there guidelines on changing versions of these tools in AEM?  Are there any known issues with version compatibility between these tools themselves or with AEM directly?

Thanks,

Kristian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I received the following information from DayCare:

--------------

The information has been verified for AEM6 SP1:

The jQuery library used is version 1.11.0. This is included as part of the clientlibs rendering for the UI under - '/etc/clientlibs/granite/jquery/source/1.11.0'.

The bootstrap JS used is version 3.1.1. This is included as part of the clientlibs rendering for the UI under - '/etc/clientlibs/fd/af/third-party/javascript/bootstrap.js'.

We don't include angular JS as part of our clientlibs rendering for the UI. There are also no direct embedding of the angular JS within the product except some sample components that explain how this is done for mobile components - 'Eg. /libs/mobileapps/components/angular'.

The less compiler used is version 1.3.3. This is included as part of the clientlibs rendering for the UI in Adobe Granite UI Commons bundle.

--------------

They also mentioned the following:

"We don't restrict you to use any other versions required that are directly imported into your project but you shouldn't replace the ootb one because many features may depend on it. Eg. you can use jquery within your own project /apps/<project> for your own project implementation but NOT replace the jquery libraries directly in the /libs."

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

The version shipped with aem is not documented or available.

For compatibility you should not have any issue. The best practise & example of using different version of jquery at [1].  Following this you should not have any dependency with product version. 

[1]   http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/integrating-jquery-framework-cq.html

Level 10

We also just put out an AngularJS community article. It works in AEM 6 - classic view. There is a bug with Touch UI. See:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/AngularJS.html

Level 3

Thank you both for the information and links.

Are there compatibility issues with Bootstrap 3 and the default Less version as indicated in this thread?  http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

I see the accepted solution may impact support, which is something I'm hesitant to do.

What other suggestions do you have for us to use Bootstrap 3 in AEM 6?

Thanks,
Kristian

Level 1

The jQuery library used is version 1.11.0. This is included as part of the clientlibs rendering for the UI under - '/etc/clientlibs/granite/jquery/source/1.11.0'.

The bootstrap JS used is version 3.1.1. This is included as part of the clientlibs rendering for the UI under - '/etc/clientlibs/fd/af/third-party/javascript/bootstrap.js'.

We don't include angular JS as part of our clientlibs rendering for the UI. There are also no direct embedding of the angular JS within the product except some sample components that explain how this is done for mobile components - 'Eg. /libs/mobileapps/components/angular'.

The less compiler used is version 1.3.3. This is included as part of the clientlibs rendering for the UI in Adobe Granite UI Commons bundle.

Correct answer by
Level 3

--------------

--------------

They also mentioned the following:

"We don't restrict you to use any other versions required that are directly imported into your project but you shouldn't replace the ootb one because many features may depend on it. Eg. you can use jquery within your own project /apps/<project> for your own project implementation but NOT replace the jquery libraries directly in the /libs."