Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Upload Error

Level 5

I'm trying to upload an article that has an HTML Overlay pointing to a folder with an index file (top level) and all needed assets and keep getting this error:

The content was not uploaded.

Unable to complete upload request; message=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 59; columnNumber: 129; cvc-complex-type.4: Attribute 'length' must appear on element 'resource'. [IN014]

Select upload to try again.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Truwaxxx:

I am a DPS Engr looking at your issue.

For the error msg, "message=PUT request for file=folio/js/bwwysiwyg.js to PECS failed. [IN021]",  could you please send your article (zip) file to digipub-feedback@adobe.com with "DPS Upload Error" in the subject?  We will look into it and report back here, or if you prefer, you could provide your contact info in that email and we can get back directly.

For the error msg, "message=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 59; columnNumber: 129; cvc-complex-type.4: Attribute 'length' must appear on element 'resource'. [IN014]", it is indicating that the zip file's manifest.xml is not valid. The manifest.xml file must contain the attributes 'type', 'href', 'length' and 'md5' for each 'resource' entry. Please let us know if that helps.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 5

Maybe try packaging the HTML and upload it directly instead of exporting a .article that contains an HTML overlay?

Level 5

Yes, I've tried that as well as I was just curious if it was the html content. My issue with going that route is that the HTML overlay is just one small piece of the remaining content on a handful of pages. I When I did try that, I received a different Error:

Upload Failure

The content was not uploaded.

Unable to complete upload request; message=PUT request for file=folio/js/bwwysiwyg.js to PECS failed. [IN021]

Select upload to try again.

Level 5

Hm. Not sure why you keep getting an error.

Just to be sure:

- You are selecting and zipping the contents of the html folder and not the folder itself correct? This would be for the direct HTML upload.

- The HTML file is called "index.html" correct?

- The folder only contains your HTML and your manifest + images/JS/CSS/fonts? And no other unused files that maybe increasing the size of the folder correct?

That's what I can think of at the moment. Is this the only article with HTML that you are having trouble with? If there are others that are working out OK? How are they different? There may be a key difference that is causing the problem.

Level 5

Yes, pointing to the index file and all my other articles that I've created using the web overlay uploaded successfully. I am using 'BookWidgets' App for Mac to create quiz interactions. I then export from BookWidgets and I get a folder containing all my assets and the folder ends up with a .wdgt extension of which I remove. When I launch the index file in all my web browsers it functions as normal. All other interactions I've created using this technique work well. The difference is in the interaction itself as it's one I've never tried to upload before; tap and drag a dot from one area and connect it to another.

There is an entire js library in the main folder that contains all the possible .js files I may need depending on the interaction I export. So I'd say there is well more then I need to use in the overall folder, though that js folder is only 1mb.

Jeff

Level 5

Just for testing purposes, can you try the article in question:

A) Without any HTML

B) With HTML from another article that you know works

This will let you know there is something odd with that specific HTML. It may be special drag feature you mentioned.

Level 5

Indeed. I have deduced its that specific folder and its content. I tried it with another html folder/index and it uploaded fine. I'm assuming the issue is that type of interaction at this point. At least coming from BookWidgets. I can host the content and it displays fine in a web overlay, though the user would have to be connected to use that interaction.

Level 5

Good deal!

At least you know the cause and a workaround. Folks will need a connection to download the article in the first place, so there's a good start to that situation. Hopefully the app caches enough that it will work if someone loses their connection temporarily.

I wonder if DPS 2015 apps have or will have the ability to debug using Safari like DPS classic apps. That way you could debug the JS code and be able to include it in the article.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Truwaxxx:

I am a DPS Engr looking at your issue.

For the error msg, "message=PUT request for file=folio/js/bwwysiwyg.js to PECS failed. [IN021]",  could you please send your article (zip) file to digipub-feedback@adobe.com with "DPS Upload Error" in the subject?  We will look into it and report back here, or if you prefer, you could provide your contact info in that email and we can get back directly.

For the error msg, "message=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 59; columnNumber: 129; cvc-complex-type.4: Attribute 'length' must appear on element 'resource'. [IN014]", it is indicating that the zip file's manifest.xml is not valid. The manifest.xml file must contain the attributes 'type', 'href', 'length' and 'md5' for each 'resource' entry. Please let us know if that helps.

Level 5

Hello. I have check the manifest and there was two items missing the "length" Attribute. I deleted those js files from the HTML folder as they were not needed and well, empty. They contained no code.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Have a great day!

Jeff