Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

upload article in DPSolution Beta

Level 2

How can I upload different layout dimension of the same article on Content? I want to see my app in iPad retina, iPad 1024x760 and iPhone4. I export the article in all these layouts , but DPS Beta only lets me upolad one of them (if i try to upload a second layout, it just replaces the first). Also, is there any way to verify the dimension of the layout uploaded in content (because when it replaces one upload with the other i no longer know which size went up)?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If your 1024 x 768 layouts are using PDF background as the format, there isn't much reason to produce a 2048 x 1536 edition as all vectors and type will scale nicely. We do not have support for multiple content files per article record, though that is something we are evaluating (Remember we're still in beta). If you wanted to display a different article for the phone you would create a new article to contain the phone content files and then place it in the default collection for phone content.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 6

DPS 2015 does not support dual orientation. If you want to have a different version for phone vs tablet, you could upload separate versions, add them to separate collections, and include each of  the specific collections in the respective TLCs (Top Level Collections). However, since there is only one version per article (per TLC), it is recommended that each article is output at at 2048 as one of the dimensions (accommodates retina display). That will be scaled and letter boxed to accommodate other displays with differing aspect ratios.

At this point, there  is no way to review the properties of the uploaded article.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If your 1024 x 768 layouts are using PDF background as the format, there isn't much reason to produce a 2048 x 1536 edition as all vectors and type will scale nicely. We do not have support for multiple content files per article record, though that is something we are evaluating (Remember we're still in beta). If you wanted to display a different article for the phone you would create a new article to contain the phone content files and then place it in the default collection for phone content.