Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Updating Provisioned Devices within an App

Level 6

I've built an iOS app that has a handful of provisioned devices assigned within the Apple Developer Center. Do I need to build a new app if I want to add additional provisioned devices to the list, or does that just get controlled and pushed from the Developer site?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You don't need to rebuild the app, but you need to re-sign it using the new mobile provision file.

Specifically, when you add new devices in the Apple Developer Center, you need to do the following:

1. Edit your developer mobileprovision files, and select the newly added UDIDs. Download that mobileprovision file.

2. Use the App Signing Tool to re-sign the app using the new mobile provision file.

3. Make the newly signed app available to the new users.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

You don't need to rebuild the app, but you need to re-sign it using the new mobile provision file.

Specifically, when you add new devices in the Apple Developer Center, you need to do the following:

1. Edit your developer mobileprovision files, and select the newly added UDIDs. Download that mobileprovision file.

2. Use the App Signing Tool to re-sign the app using the new mobile provision file.

3. Make the newly signed app available to the new users.