Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

retail articles preview

Level 3

Hi,

I have had problems to preview in app retails articles that I migrated from Calssic DPS.

In classic DPS we have a paid publication with direct entitlement,apple subscription and retail issues.

Then when I migrated the folios all articles are protected. I didn´t manage preview anything in app. I have tried differents settings, as

• In project - able publish all collection as free
  • In project - disable Direct Entitlement

I created a new collection with only article setting as free (article access) - Then with this options the app show me the message "Content Not Found" (see image attached)

Any tip about this scenario?

Best regards

Error-Article.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi, people

Thanks a lot

The problem was that I was using the stage02 login yet.

I created a beta account and the process works well

one more time thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

If you see a content not found error that means the content we're trying to access wasn't on the server. Are you sure everything is published in your account?

Neil

Level 3

Hi,

Yes. All articles and collections are publish in DPS2015
Is there any setting from Classic DPS that could cause this problem?

When I migrate folios from a free publications I dont have problems

I will check this folio producer account again

Keep in touch

Employee

It shouldn't matter that the content was migrated from classic. I'll forward this thread to a few people, hopefully someone can jump on the thread with ideas.

Neil

Employee

To help trouble shoot, I'd like to get some additional information ... which case applies to what you're trying to do?

• Are you trying to preview content before publishing in DPS 2015 (e.g. create a preview app to view all content - collections & articles)?
  • Are you trying to view articles in your own app (e.g. not a preview app)?
  • Are you trying to view the metering experience within the app (e.g. viewing paywalls, purchase options, etc.)?

There are no settings in DPS Classic that would cause this "not available" situation. If you could send screenshots of your content and collections list views of the article your'e trying to view and the collection that the article belongs to, that will help with troubleshooting. Also, check to make sure that there are no errors and let me know what the publishing status says (I can also view that in the screenshot)

Note: The default article access in DPS (classic) was protected. The default article access state in DPS 2015 is metered. Migrated content will keep the original article access state - this state does not change with migration. You can change the state in the Article Properties in DPS 2015. If you enable the "publish all collections as free" this only applies to new collections published after the default setting is enabled. Again this not apply to migrated content.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi, people

Thanks a lot

The problem was that I was using the stage02 login yet.

I created a beta account and the process works well

one more time thanks