I am using Banners to link to web content that contain mailto: and tel: links. On iOS, these links work as they should. However, Android displays an error: "Web page not available net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME". When the same page is opened using the default Device Browser, the links work fine.
I tried to modify the config.xml in the root by adding <access origin="mailto:*" launch-external="true" /> and <access origin="tel:*" launch-external="true" />. I rebuilt the app using a custom shell with the modified config.xml and appropriate plugins. However, this didn't resolve the problem.
I am wondering if anyone has a come across a solution or workaround for this problem.
I tried this out on a couple of Android devices (old and new hardware) and was able to get your "Mail Link 1" working in an article viewed from the AEM Preflight app, with the following Content Security Policy set: