Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Migrating Muse website into AEM Mobile

Level 2

Hello all,  I recently changed careers which is allowing me the privilege to work more with Adobe CC 2015 and DPS. I am brand new to DPS with no prior experience. My first assignment is to familiarize myself with DPS by assisting a student who has created a website in muse and would like to get the site uploaded to  AEM Mobile Preflight before possibly publishing to Apple/Android. The website consist of about 25 pages, which each page giving 3 options that will take you to another page dependent upon the option chosen. I have tried exporting the whole project as HTML and then dropping that export folder into AEM MobilePackager to create an article file. I then created a project in AEM, uploaded the article and began working on the layout but it seems as if a lot of content is missing.

In my research it appears that perhaps the best option is to re-design the muse project so that each individual page and it's  associated graphics is a single project. From there, I would need to export each individual project to HTML and then package as an article so that each article is created from an index.html file. Is this the best path forward? Also, some of the pages have embedded audio files so that the user can listen to the sound clip before choosing an option. Does DPS support sound clips? It may be that this particular project is best suited to remain a responsive website rather than an app, however, if at all possible i would like to get it working in pre-flight just to further my DPS education.

I appreicate any feedback

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

DPS does support sound clips just like a normal webpage would.

This is probably right, but if you are determined to move it over to DPS then you would have to package the individual html pages and assets as article files and probably change the navigation of your site to fit the collections and cards layout that DPS uses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

DPS does support sound clips just like a normal webpage would.

This is probably right, but if you are determined to move it over to DPS then you would have to package the individual html pages and assets as article files and probably change the navigation of your site to fit the collections and cards layout that DPS uses.

Level 2

Thank you lolipoptrash. I am new to this, but starting to gain some understanding. It seems that Muse is a great tool if I want to design content from the ground up with DPS in mind, but it's not a magic tool to seamlessly port an existing web project into App format.

I worked through the quick start guide provided by Adobe and successfully built the WeHealth app using their provided content. If anyone can suggest other resources to better understand DPS/AemMobile capabilities I am willing to learn.