Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Migrated collections - updating issues

Level 2

Hi, I've been having trouble updating the "Collection Title" and "Collection Image" for collections I've migrated.

For my "welcome collection" (the top collection in my layout) when I update the image, the image update is not reflected on my ipad app. The new image displays correctly in the collection properties screen(screen shot below), it just doesn't get pushed to my app.

For my "annual report collection" (middle right in my layout) the Migration process seems to have imported the version number (First Republic Annual Report 2014 V1). I've gone back into the collection properties and removed V1 from "Collection Title" but the update is not reflected in the ipad app.

I've tried un publishing and re-publishing these different collections. I've tried deleting the collections and re-migrating.(and re-publishing everything). Still no luck.

Is there some work around? Or is this a known issue you guys are working on?

Thank you!

Leo

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 10.58.13 AM.pngIMG_0402.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, I've gotten very good at shutting down the app, restarting it, and waiting for the "update available" button to appear at the top.

I just found a work-around. I created a new collection in the DPS cloud and added the migrated articles into my new collection. I set the "collection open default" to content mode. Essentially I re-packaged the articles and now my updates to the "collection image" and "collection title" are being reflected.

The problem i was having with collections only pertained to collections that had been Migrated from DPS 1.0 using the "Folio Migration Tool".

Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Is your app built as a preview app? If not it can take 5+ minutes for the changes to work through the system.

During content development you should check the preview option when you build your app in the Apps tab, and instead of clicking publish in the portal click the little preview button in the top right of the content page.

Neil

Level 2

I haven't tried to see if it works on a preview app. I have waited more than 5 minutes for the content to upload though. Over the course of the last week I've been making changes, going to bed, waking up and finding it still hasn't updated.

I'm happy to try the preview app direction. But if the content only updates with the preview app, and not the regular apps, the problem is still a problem. :/

Employee

Hi Leo,

Changes made even outside the preview app should go live, but it can take up to five minutes. Are you sure in the app you are navigating away from the collection and coming back to it to trigger the update mechanism?

Neil

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, I've gotten very good at shutting down the app, restarting it, and waiting for the "update available" button to appear at the top.

I just found a work-around. I created a new collection in the DPS cloud and added the migrated articles into my new collection. I set the "collection open default" to content mode. Essentially I re-packaged the articles and now my updates to the "collection image" and "collection title" are being reflected.

The problem i was having with collections only pertained to collections that had been Migrated from DPS 1.0 using the "Folio Migration Tool".

Thank you!

Employee

Hmm. I’ll pass this on to the content migration team. Thanks!

Neil