Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Load local file error

Level 2

I cant load a local file because http is only allowed.

XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///var/mobile/... Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP.

How can i allow to load local files in an app? Thanks, David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The reason I ask is that there is a known issue which prevents local XHRs when using the WKWebView plugin: [CB-10143] Local file:// url XmlHttpRequests are not allowed in WKWebViewEngine - ASF JIRA

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Can you paste the code that your using to try to load the content.  Also paste the URL of the content that your trying to load.

Employee

Hi David,

I've put together a simple example that shows how you can read JSON data from a local file:

GitHub - blefebvre/aemm-read-local-file: Example article that shows how you can read a local file on...

The file being read can be found here: aemm-read-local-file/data.json at master · blefebvre/aemm-read-local-file · GitHub

And the code which is reading it using an XHR is here: aemm-read-local-file/index.js at master · blefebvre/aemm-read-local-file · GitHub

When you run the app via either the aemm CLI or AEM Mobile Preflight, you will see the message from the file is displayed in the app:

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 3.32.16 PM.png

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Hi. Thanks for the example.

When i try your code I get again the following error:

[Error] XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/C500078F-1FD2-43EC-A418-BBF0686E9FBB/Library/Caches/d00a72956e898ba4b1f05bd995912e49/deea684712127650165f68d34ccf76af/folio/data.json. Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP.

(anonymous function) (index.js:66)

It works in the Adobe preflight app, but not in our test app.

Employee

Hi David,

Have you enabled the WKWebView plugin for your app? If so, can you try creating a new app with this plugin disabled?

Correct answer by
Employee

The reason I ask is that there is a known issue which prevents local XHRs when using the WKWebView plugin: [CB-10143] Local file:// url XmlHttpRequests are not allowed in WKWebViewEngine - ASF JIRA