Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

iOS Version Number Issues (submitting an AEMM App)

Level 6

We are trying to submit an App Update for the existing digital publication app for the iTunes App store.

We have gone through the process (correctly, we hope) of updating the assets and info, updating certificates and signing the App that is created from the AEM Mobile dashboard.

When we are in iTunes Connect, and try to upload the signed IPA file, we get a versioning error (see screen grab attached).

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 11.29.49 AM.png

The current version of the App is 2.3.0.914 (which was a NXTBook app - not AEMM)

We have tried several other version numbers below:

but are still getting the same warning.

The AEM Mobile dashboard only allows us 3 numbers separated by decimals (i.e.: 00.00.00) so if contingent on the last number, we cannot add this.

This issue has become urgent. Does anyone have a recommendation for how to effectively increment the version string so that Application Loader accepts it?

Thank you,

Tommy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Tommy, I just sent you mail on this, you can't input a number bigger than 99 for the first digit. We'll have to look into that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

My guess is that you think your existing version number is 2.3.0.914, but Apple thinks your version number is 230914. I would try 231000 or 240000 or a high number like that. Let us know if that works.

[Note: I missed the 3-digit limitation in this reply. Have you tried using a marketing version such as 9.2.0?]

Employee

Tommy, if I recall correctly, the app loader compares the internal version number between the current and new update. If the version is 230914, then you'll need an app update that has a version greater than that number. I'm checking this out and will follow up with you directly.

Level 6

Thanks Nate and Bob.  I agree that we need to increment higher than 230914. However, how do we do that within AEMM?  We are very limited in the number of digits we can place in the version number manual override. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Tommy, I just sent you mail on this, you can't input a number bigger than 99 for the first digit. We'll have to look into that.

Employee

I wonder if making the version number something like 24.10.10 would work.

Level 6

With Nate's help, i was able to edit the Info.plist within the unsigned .ipa and increment the version to a safe, acceptable number. Thanks for your help!